Complaint Review: Super 8 Motel

Super 8 Motel
175 S. Tennessee Ave Atlantic City, New Jersey USA

Super 8 Motel Overcharged and Rude Atlantic City New Jersey

*Author of original report: The Confirmation Email

*Author of original report: *No extra charges indicated*

*Consumer Comment: Not really

I want to let you know about some deceptive pricing going on at the Super 8  in Atlantic City, NJ.

I booked online, June 8th through www.super8atlanticcity.com. I booked Tues. 7/23 through Fri. 7/26. The total was $376.00. There was a deposit of $37.60 charged immediately to my account via www.macrover.com, with a balance due of $338.40 due upon check in. I have included a copy of the confirmation email. No where on this paperwork does it say anything about any additional charges, taxes or otherwise.

I checked in on 7/23 and was charged $389.76 (copy of receipt included). I did not notice the price discrepancy until Friday morning. When I went to the front desk to correct it, I was treated extremely rudely, was told I would have to contact Macrover.com about my deposit, and the rest of the extra charges are taxes. Again, no where in my "balance due" does it say anything about extra charges.

I have tried correcting this through Super 8's corporate headquarters. I received a message that all of the charges are correct, they will not be refunding the $51 I was overcharged, and accused me of damaging things in the room, which is a completely ridiculous attempt to take the heat off of themselves.

At any rate, I believe what they are doing is illegal and I believe it should be investigated so other people do not fall for the same pricing scam they are pulling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Super-8-Motel/Atlantic-City-New-Jersey/Super-8-Motel-Overcharged-and-Rude-Atlantic-City-New-Jersey-1075615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Super 8 Motel

The Confirmation Email

AUTHOR: Miller-Ward - ()

Here's a shot of the email I received along with the receipt. Please notice they did not factor in my deposit, and there are additional charges on top of that which were not noted. Every other hotel I have ever booked at has included taxes and resort fees on the checkout page. What Super 8 is doing here is shady, if not illigal.

*No extra charges indicated*

AUTHOR: Miller-Ward - ()

As I said... There was no small text or an asterik or anything indicating there would be further charges. I travel quite a bit, and this is the only time this has ever happened in 15 years and 2 countries. I am extremely cautious of the "fine print". There was NONE. I will try to scan the confirmation email when I get home from work tonight. That's why I'm upset and trying to warn people of the scam this place is pulling. I have mailed the NJ Attorney General's office about it, so I'm pretty sure I was ripped off. But thank you for blaming the victim. The internet never disapoints.

Not really

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I agree for the part that their customer service should do a much better job because they are in service industry. However, you should be able to figure out whether the payment is included taxes and NO NEED anyone to tell you everything. When you book a room, there is always a rate and usually a small print stating any extra charges. Many people do NOT read the whole page because it is too busy. So a simple math skill (arithmetic) is required when you sell/buy anything. If you buy anything online and see the total ending with 0 cent, there usually is something missing and it is usually the taxes.

Anyway, the website you used is not doing a good job. They are the salesmen and they should disclose any additional charges. If they do not, they are hiding them on purpose (so customers would think that they get it for cheaper). You are going after the wrong person.