sequence
  • Report: #620447

Complaint Review: Super Dog, David Baron, Dave the Dog Trainer, Better Dog Training

• Submitted: Mon, July 05, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: Frustrated dog owner — Lincoln California United States of America
Super Dog, David Baron, Dave the Dog Trainer, Better Dog Training
9301 DUFFY LANE Internet United States of America

BUYER BEWARE - Super Dog, David Baron, Dave the Dog Trainer, Better Dog Training superdog.com, doganswers.com, davethedogtrainer.com, David Baron and his assistant Bonnie took our money and never did a follow up lesson. We paid $795 and are retired. He told my wife that if our dog didn't stay in one spot for an hour, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: TWO SIDES OF THIS STORY

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CONSIDER THE SOURCE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: TWO SIDES TO STORY

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Two Sides To Every Story

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Two Sides To Every Story

*Consumer Comment: David you are abusive!!!

*Consumer Comment: Did another dog trainer post this

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Decide for Yourself

*Author of original report: David Baron of Super Dog, Better Dog Training, www.doganswers.com, Ripped Us Off!

We are both retired and living off social security. David Baron of super dog talked us into his $795 program. Mind you that all we cared for was to housebreak our dog. Nothing else and nothing more.

David Baron sent one of his trainers and kept yanking our poor dog with what they call a prong collar until his neck was all raw. Our dog is only a doxin mix and weighs less than ten lbs. My poor wife kept fighting his tears while our dog kept screaming and barking nonstop.

Long story short, not only we didn't get our dog housebroken but these guys never got back to us. I kept calling and calling leaving messages and nobody got back to us.

When I finally called from a different number, a woman by the name of Bonnie told us that unless our dog stayed in one spot for thirty minutes, that we've ruined our dog and we won't get a refund for what we paid for either.

We gave up on our money long time ago. What broke our heart was we couldn't even get the rest of our lessons after only a few months and were told that our agreement already expired.

How can we teach a dog to stay and not move for 30 minutes? And what does that have to do anything with my dog being potty trained and stop his nuisance barking when we have company over?

Please avoid these folks at all cost. They are totally rude, unethical and only it it for the money. One I did my homework, I noticed how many complaints they have all over the web. It's heartbreaking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2010 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Super-Dog-David-Baron-Dave-the-Dog-Trainer-Better-Dog-Training/internet/BUYER-BEWARE-Super-Dog-David-Baron-Dave-the-Dog-Trainer-Better-Dog-Training-superdog-620447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Super Dog, David Baron, Dave the Dog Trainer, Better Dog Training

Huh?

AUTHOR: Alysrianxian - (U.S.A.)

I'm not sure why David linked that court case.  My name is not Salim, and he is not suing me.  He is probably suing someone else.  Good luck with your case.  My original report stands.  Please make sure you investigate him before using his services.  I am VERY happy that I did NOT hire him.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

TWO SIDES OF THIS STORY

AUTHOR: Cadogtrainer - (U.S.A.)

Intelligent people know there are two sides to every story. If you are interested in the truth, please read this:

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Two Sides To Every Story

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Two Sides To Every Story

David you are abusive!!!

AUTHOR: Alysrianxian - (U.S.A.)

I would've given this company a negative review, but I don't think it will let me.

I was looking into a dog trainer for my sister's dog.  My sister lives in CA and I offered to help her find a reliable trainer. I have my own two dogs, and I have had them trained. Thus, I had the experience to know what was bad ju-ju in trainers and what would be amazing. I also had the extra time to sit around checking out the information for her.

I looked at yelp first for ALL of the companies I was considering. This was one of the ones that stood out to me. I decided to give ALL the companies I had researched, the benefit of the doubt. I gave each one of them a call separately on separate days  (I got busy myself). This company stood out for all of the WRONG reasons.

I didn't get through to Dave right away, as his assistant (a girl?) answered the phone and said he'd call me back. Okay...two days later I got a call back around 7pm. Odd, I figured they'd be closed by then and I HATE it when people call after 5pm (but we are different time zones so I let it slide).

First of all, my first question is always going to be about the reviews and if they are truthful or not. Two sides to every story, and whatnot. I wanted to make sure my sister wouldn't be scammed and that he knew or at least his trainers knew what they were doing. However, I never got past that very first question.

I would still have hired David Baron to do our training (or his trainers) if he'd been cordial on the phone. He was far from cordial. Soon as the words left my mouth about the reviews (never got farther then that), he started in with the threats. Let's see...he said he'd rape, disfigure, and murder me (another reviewer also posted this, so I'm not at all surprised). Apparently, he then had the clarity to realize he has no idea where I live or WHAT my full name is (duh!).  He threatened to hunt me down and THEN stand outside my house. LOL Then he said he'd kill my husband, and then use my c*nt ass to do it's "job".  Apparently, he has little respect for women. My husband is military too and would level this bully in less than a heartbeat.  Whatever.

I hung up, but apparently I had given them my email. So I got a nice response back. Pretty much along the same lines as some of the other reviewers have said. He threatened me again, and told me if I knew what was good for me..I wouldn't report him to either the authorities, or say anything bad about him.  Newsflash jerk: Show up at my house, and you'll see my 9mm shoved against your head. Good luck with that.

Before he tries to attempt to comment on MY review, a few key facts here.  I am NOT his competitor. I am NOT writing this out of spite. I feel that OTHERS should be warned about him as well. I also do NOT work for yelp, or have any connection with them - other then writing this review and others.  I am NOT attempting to "blackmail him". As per a "real" person writing their name - he loves to respond with this - the reason it's called the internet is because it's supposed to be anonymous.  It's not being a coward to not write down my full name.  It's called a REVIEW and MY OPINION OF YOU!  You can't act like your sh!t don't stink anymore, David.  He will obviously say I never contacted him, but I'm sure the smarter readers will understand what I am conveying here.

Also, some side notes. He's no longer a member of the BBB and IF he is - he has a very low rating, with numerous complaints. He has 3 websites to bring in the customers, but none of them are accurate. He's a bully. Also, Dr Debbie Homemaker is a pseudonym of his that he uses to either outright attack posters, or to boost his company's image. I would also suggest not listening to any "former" employees, or anyone directly related to his company as they are completely biased.  It's fairly obvious.

I would also like to quote one of his own responses on here for you:
"Anonymous poison pen confirms nothing because there is no telephone number or email address to contact the person complaining so as to verify anything. "

Remember, he will email you..call you..and basically stalk you if he doesn't like what you said. Good luck to everyone that posted negative reviews. I'm so sorry you had to put up with him, AND give him your money. I also have a feeling that the other posters are correct in stating that he abuses his dogs. If he abuses people like this, it would be ZERO surprise to me that he would hurt an animal too.  Hence, I feel his websites (all what? 3-5?) are FRAUD. I also believe - and this might be speculation - that he uses so many websites, and company names just so people can't negatively write or report him (or sue him!).

I would suggest to all of the people he scammed, to bring him to civil court. You CAN get your money back for breach of contract and failure to provide services.

And no I didn't use your services jacka**!! I asked other trainers about their reviews and they were VERY nice about it. He went off the deep end.And no I didn't use your services jacka**!!!

Did another dog trainer post this

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

I used David, no problems at all. My dog is a large Komondor (aggressive, big & not easy to train). Dave showed us all of the techniques to handle the dog and establish a pack leader status. I would be weary of negative comments as other dog trainers dislike superior trainers. If you are posting negative comments you should include some sort of contact information to validate your complaint. I have recommended Dave to  many people all have had positive results.

Thanks,

(((Redacted)))

#9 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Decide for Yourself

AUTHOR: Cadogtrainer - (U.S.A.)

This person now claims my trainer brutalized their dog on the first lesson. We have never asked for money until the end of the first lesson.  If someone brutalized these peoples' dog, why did they move forward, sign the contract, pay-in-full, and not complain until years later?

If someone stole your money and brutalized your little dog, would you not complain or say anything until years later?

In twelve years of business I have only been sued once and I prevailed in court.  This is obviously not a real customer.  If they were, they would know that we do not teach "Stay" on the first lesson.

Up until last year we were a member of the Better Business Bureau and as a member we agreed to mediate any complaints through the BBB arbitrator.  Of the few people out of thousands and thousands of people we have done business with, the few who filed a complaint to BBB, not one chose mediation.  If they did I would have been required to participate.

We return all our calls.  If this is a real person, which I would bet is not, have them contact me personally and I'll take care of them.

Call me personally at (916) 927-7725.  I would be happy to provide references upon request.  A good chunk of my business is from the law enforcement, medical and legal communities.  No one has better reference than I do.  And, did you see my website www.Superdog.com ?

AUTHOR: Frustrated dog owner - (USA)

We are both retired and living of social security. David Baron of super dog talked us into his $795 program. Mind you that all we cared for was to housebreak our dog. Nothing else and nothing more.

David Baron sent one of his trainers and kept yanking our poor dog with what they call a prong collar until his neck was all raw. Our dog is only a doxin mix and weighs less than ten lbs. My poor wife kept fighting her tears while our dog kept screaming and barking nonstop.

Long story short, not only we didn't get our dog housebroken but these guys never got back to us. I kept calling and calling leaving messages but nobody got back to us. When I finally called from a different number, a woman by the name of Bonnie told us that unless our dog stayed in one spot for thirty minutes or so, that we've ruined our dog and we won't get a refund back.

We gave up on our money long time ago. What was so disappointing was that we couldn't even get the rest of our lessons after only a few months and were told that our agreement already expired.

How can we teach a dog to stay and not move for 30 minutes in one lesson? And what does that have to do anything with our dog not being potty trained or to stop his nuisance barking when we have company over?

Please avoid these folks at all cost. They are totally rude, unethical and are only it it for your money. When I did my homework, I noticed how many complaints they have all over the internet. It's pathetic.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC