Complaint Review: Super Fitness

• Reported By:
Super Fitness
Bloor and High Park , Toronto, Canada Canada

beware of Super Fitness scam practices

Two years ago I have entered a Super Fitness location at Bloor st and High Park in Toronto.

I choose by monthly payment program and I had given them a void check for my account so that the can make a withdrew every month. I have sign a one year contract . I was using theirs facilities regularly for the first couple of months and then I was not that frequent but I keep paying them for one year period . After a year has passed I forgot all about it , but
I was noticing that they are still taking money from my account.

I phone them first and ask for that matter to be resolved , I was told that I have to cancel the membership and I have to do it in person.

When I came down to the office I was told that they wont cancel my membership because they have one payment missing (that took place after contract expired) and even if I was to cancel that I will still have to pay for one more month before they do that.

Now let me make that clear , my contract expired so I couldn't exercise any more, they took payments for 4 moths for free AND they refuse to cancel the membership so they can continue milking money out of me for nothing. But this is not verything , in a desperate steps then, I have blocked my account for them . This seem to work for sometime, they send me a note that they are canceling my membership ( couldn't make me more happy) and
they send me a bill to pay for almost 300$ unfortunately they didn't took measures to explain where did they came up with that money , of course I didn't pay them anything .

Things quiet down for about a year , and then suddenly I have noticed 200$ missing from my checking account . It was Super Fitness , on my request my bank put a stop payment on that withdrew and I got my money back, but It really freak me out.

I have to close my account immediately , opened another one , by the way a lady that was opening my account told me that she had the same story with Super Fitness , they have tried to steal money from her account even after she settled all the matter with them.

The things I have learned from this are:
never give out a void check , even if you put a stop payment on it they still can take out money by changing the amount and they can keep doing that until you close the account.

Read your contract very closely INCLUDING FINE PRINT ,
request time to think about that contract , take your time before you SIGN anything , they are many companies like Super Fitness that just waiting to scum people of theirs hard made money.

Spread the word !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Super-Fitness/Toronto-Canada/beware-of-Super-Fitness-scam-practices-5108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Super Fitness