Complaint Review: Superior Asphalt Maintenance

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous —
Superior Asphalt Maintenance
4445 West 77th Street Edina, Minnesota USA

Superior Asphalt Maintenance Shoddy workmanship, fraudulent business practices, nasty people to deal with Edina Minnesota

We received a flyer for Superior Asphalt Maintenance that was placed inside our residential mailbox.  I know it's illegal to put flyers inside mailboxes, but I was interested in getting my asphalt driveway seal-coated. The contractor claimed it did work throughout the entire Twin Cities metro area, including Minneapolis and St. Paul, so I called David L. Brattland, the owner of the company.  He told me to send in a $100 deposit and scheduled to have my driveway work in Roseville done a week later.

The week went by, then another week, and after 3 weeks, I called.  I spoke to a Dana Anderson, Superior Asphalt Maintenance's office person.  She said they were backlogged and it might be another month before they could come out and do the work.  I told her I was promised the work would be done 2 weeks ago, and she said "too bad--take a number and wait in line!"

I tried to follow up by phone to David Brattland, but he dodged my calls.  I finally had a friend, who is a lawyer, send a certified letter to Superior Asphalt Maintenance, demanding either a refund or performance of the contract.

What transpired after that would be considered comical if it wasn't so pathetic.  Mr. Brattland called me at my home at 11:30PM and sounded intoxicated and agitated.  He started screaming in the phone, using obscenities and threatening to come out some day and "tear up my driveway."  I tried to get him to calm down, but he just got more abusive. I finally hung up.

I called Brattland back the next day, and he apologized for the drunken phone call.  He said he would be out later that week and would do the driveway.  His response was that all deposits were non-refundable, but they could do the work.

Dave Brattland and his crew showed up a few days later and did the work. I was able to work from home that day and wanted to watch them like a hawk.  Good thing I did, as I caught one of their employees urinating along side my house.  That employee was staggering about and appeared intoxicated or on drugs.  They drove their trucks onto my lawn and left ruts in the yard.  I confronted Brattland about that and he replied "you want the work done, don't you?"

The crew from Superior Asphalt Maintenance did the shoddiest job of blacktop sealing I have ever seen.  The coating looked like someone smeared a giant Hershey bar all across my driveway.  It had streaks and blotches, and there were areas they didn't even cover.  The crew splattered tar in my yard and on the side of my house.

I tried getting results from the Better Business Bureau, but they were of no help, despite their F rating of the company.  I am here to give my Ripoff Report of this fraudulent and shoddy company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Asphalt-Maintenance/Edina-Minnesota-55435/Superior-Asphalt-Maintenance-Shoddy-workmanship-fraudulent-business-practices-nasty-peo-1067679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Asphalt Maintenance