Complaint Review: Superior Bank - World Global Benefits

• Submitted: Sun, March 21, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2004

• Reported By:Columbia Heights Minnesota
Superior Bank - World Global Benefits
100A Walnut D15 Suite 740 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Superior Bank - World Global Benefits ripoff! Scam! Champlain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

*Consumer Comment: I have had no help from anyone affiliated with this company!!

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

I was contacted by phone by a company calling themselves "Superior Bank". I was offered a credit card with a $5,000 limit for a fee of $299 to be paid in advance via my checking account. Having fallen on hard financial times due to physical injuries and a lack of work, I accepted this offer and gave this company my checking account information.

I was given a Rep name and ID number and also a contract code number and it all sounded very official. I was also given a number to reach them. When the card did not arrive here within the specified time I decided to call them but did not get an answer no matter what time of day or night I called so then I tried to look them up on the internet. That is when I found www.badbusinessbureau.com (my night in shining armor)and found out about all the complaints on Superior Bank/Superior Benefits.

I was redirected to a company called Amerinet who were the people that deducted my $299. They have been helpful and I am in the midst of a dispute right now. I'll keep you posted!

Roxanne
Columbia Heights, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2004 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Bank-World-Global-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Superior-Bank-World-Global-Benefits-ripoff-Scam-Champlain-New-York-UPDATE-World-B-84774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Bank - World Global Benefits

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I got taken by this company. I also agreed to a credit card offer with $2,000.00 limit and a one time fee of $299.00. The company that contacted me was Global Benefits and the credit card offer was with United Beneifts. Global Benefits debited my checking account twice. Once I was debited by a company named "United Benefits" which no longer exists and then a second time for "Special Benefits." I have received nothing from either company. Global Benefits got $299.00 on December 11,2003 and Special Benefits tried to again debit my account $299.00 in late December. Luckily, I had reported the suspected fraud to my bank and stopped the second debit from going through. Unfortunately because I kept being reassured by GlobalBenefits that my credit card was in the mail the 45 days passed and I couldnot reverse charges for this debit through my bank.

My bank told me to contact the company that debited my account, this company claims they debited my account for Global Benefits. Global Benefits said that United Benefits is no longer in business. Every number for Global does not work. I have also sent them correspondence to no avail. I have contacted everyone, news reporters, F.B.I., Attorney Generals'Office. An Atlanta investigative news reporter gave me this website information. I hope that reaching World Wide Benefits helps, but I am doubtful at this point after being treated so rudely by Global Benefits Help!!!