Complaint Review: Superior Benefits - World Of Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, March 22, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2004

• Reported By:Poplar Bluff Missouri
Superior Benefits - World Of Benefits
100a Walnut D15 #742 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Superior Benefits - World Of Benefits ripoff Champlain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

I was contacted by a representative of Superior Benefits in January of 2004. I was offered a credit card with a limit of $2000+. I was told that all I had to do was give them my bank information and they would withdrawl $199 from my account on the 26th of January. After agreeing I then went to a gentelman who asked me some questions so that they could record it. During this conversation he stated that they would be withdrawling $299 from my account. I disputed this ammount. He then transfered me back to the original person who explained to me that I must have heard wrong and that it WOULD be $299. I should have known right then that there was a problem.

But I went ahead with it. I was also told that I would be receiving a credit repair package that would include information about the credit card within 15-20 days from the date I spoke to them. After 3 weeks I called back and spoke with a manager. He explained that it would be 15-20 days from the date the money was withdrawn from my account, and that I must have misunderstood what I was told. After being assured that I would be receiving my package soon I dropped the matter. Again I should have known there was something wrong.

After 3 more weeks I finally received my black folder with a bunch of offers for cell phones, Dish Network, and travel information. All stuff I could have received on my own. Everything seemed to be legit. It even included some legal software and documentation on how to repair my credit. Once I started to look up the website to find out more about the benefits I received, I noticed the website was down. I then tried to call the number listed. No answer. Still No answer to this day.

I then started doing some research on the internet, (I know I should have done this first), and found Rip-Off Reports. As reading through some of the reports they all sound just like my situation. I went straight to my bank to have the charges disputed, since I am within my 60 days, we will see what happens with that.

If I do not get my money back, I just hope this helps someone else from making the same mistake I did.

Poplar Bluff, Missouri

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2004 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Benefits-World-Of-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Superior-Benefits-World-Of-Benefits-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-UPDATE-World-Benefits-84893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Benefits - World Of Benefits