Complaint Review: Superior Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, March 31, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2004

• Reported By:Stafford Kansas
Superior Benefits
100A Walnut D15 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Superior Benefits Credit Repair $299 SMALL price to pay sneaky with words took my money before I knew it promised credit card to get out of debt faster better credit ratinng NO CARD! Champlain New York *UPDATE .. Superior Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

A fast talking telemarketer calls offering a great deal! A major credit card with a very high (@ $10,000 i think) credit line and no APR's. I told him that I wasn't interested, but, he kept talking. On time payments were to be reported to the Credit Bureau, which would help better my credit rating. My payments were to be a set amount @ $10.00/month, unless I was late with the payments. I didn't believe what he was telling me, but he kept on insisting that this was exactly what I needed to get my feet back up under me. Then, he told me that it would cost $299.00, but that money would not be taken out of my account without further permission from myself. He gave me a number and web address so that I could call and change my mind, if I decided.

So, I hesitantly said O.K., BECAUSE, I hadn't been working this past year and stupidly ignoring my husbands advice on credit cards, I ran them up quite high and was now having a hard time paying each and every single one, every month, on top of my other bills.

Anyway, I never received a credit card, the $299 was taken from my account, couldn't find the site, and all their operators were currently busy or were not working, now! Yeah Right!

Melissa
Stafford, Kansas

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2004 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Superior-Benefits-Credit-Repair-299-SMALL-price-to-pay-sneaky-with-words-took-my-money-be-86114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Benefits