Complaint Review: Superior Benefits

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2004

• Reported By:Wilmington Delaware
Superior Benefits
Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Superior Benefits - World Benefits Rip off fraudulent rude misleading company Champlain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

Back around December 18, 2003, I received a call from a company that addressed themselves as Superior Benefits affiliates of World Benefits. Now I am a single mother with 3 kids trying to make ends meet . They offered me a credit card (Visa) with a credit limit of either 2 or $5,000, I don't remember for sure. I was a bit skeptical at first but they kind of talked me into it.

They told me that I would be receiving my credit card 20 days after receipt of my payment. I told them that they would have to wait for a few weeks while I gather the money and that it could be debited on 12/29. It was done. I waited for 20 days and then I started calling as to why I didn't have my credit card yet. At first they told me that Fed-Ex was having a problem with their shipping so that it would take another week, that week went by so I called again. They told me that it was going to be another week or two, and that the reason was that they meant 20 business days and they are a Hanukkah based business and they celebrate holidays that we probably don't so those days would not be counted as business days so I would would be waiting until January 27th.

Well that date came and went also. After many phone calls back and forth I received a packet throug Fed-Ex on 2/13. When I opened it I realized it was a bunch of complimentary things and no credit card. The only thing was something for a secured card and I specifically asked them if that is what this was cause if so I don't want it and they told me "NO". I read the back of the packet which stated that I could return it within 15 days if I did not want it. I immediately got on the phone and told them that I was FEd-Ex'ing the packet back cause that is what they told me to do and that I wanted my money back. It is now 3/23/04 and I have not received my money back or nothing. Please someone help me.

I don't have a whole lot of money but I don't have money for them to just take away from me either. Please someone help me. I want my money back and then when I called the number and web page it out of order and under construction. This is a mess but I really would love to have your help. Then they always leave me on hold for half an hour or more

Sherrie
Wilmington, Delaware

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Superior Bank

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Benefits/Champlain-New-York/Superior-Benefits-World-Benefits-Rip-off-fraudulent-rude-misleading-company-Champlain-Ne-85051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Benefits