Complaint Review: Superior Health Systems, LLC, Healthmor, Filterqueen, Defender, Majestic

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2008

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Superior Health Systems, LLC, Healthmor, Filterqueen, Defender, Majestic
2450 Wrondel Way Suite F Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

Superior Health Systems, LLC, Healthmor, Filterqueen, Defender, Majestic Non-existent customer service or satisfaction guarantee Reno Nevada

On October 1, 2008 we invited a salesman known to us as Doug (unknown last name) from Superior Health Systems into our home to demonstrate a home filtration system including a vacuum cleaner and stand alone filtration units. Long story short, after an hour and a half worth of demonstrations we signed the contract for a "Majestic" vacuum and three "Defender" filters for a combined total of $3969.65. We decided that if they really worked as demonstrated it would be worth the money.

While filling out the paperwork we opted for a 12 month no interest program through their chosen creditor. Doug ran our credit over the phone approving us in just minutes. We asked about a satisfaction guarantee on the equipment to which Doug replied we had a three day right of refusal by Nevada State law. Already knowing that we asked again about a guarantee and he replied that he had never had anyone ask him that and that the machines came with a lifetime warranty (we later found out that only the vac had a lifetime and the others were 2 years)and that we had nothing to worry about. We trusted that, he and his assistant left the machines and they were on their way.

The next day we used the vac as instructed to clean the entire house to remove as much dust and etc. as possible so the filtration units could do their job. We vacuumed all furniture, carpets and bedding, once again as suggested by Doug. We found the vac extremely difficult to use and very cumbersome to drag around the house and up and down the stairs. We also noted that it didn't seem to perform any better than our Dyson.

Over the next two weeks we left the filtration units on, as instructed, 24 hrs a day. We had one in our children's bedroom and they constantly complained of the noise of the fan, even on low speed. We tried to get them used to it as we were hoping it would help with their allergies. We even switched it with another unit in the house as the first one vibrated a little. It didn't help. Needless to say, we had a few sleepless nights while they tried to adjust.

After two weeks, and very little sleep, we noticed no difference in the air quality in our home. It was at this point we were beginning to think we had been scammed and that the units really didn't work as demonstrated.

10/13/08 245pm-I contacted the main office and spoke with Dawn. I told her the problems we were having and that we were not satisfied with any of the machines. They just didn't perform to our satisfaction. I requested a cancellation of the contract and a return of the equipment. She told me that she would have Doug contact us as he would be the one that would have to "process any paperwork." I settled for that.

10/14 945am-I called Doug on his cell phone. He said he had not received any message from his office. I explained everything to him. He became defensive repeatedly telling me of the three day right of refusal saying he couldn't authorize anything and that I would have to speak with manager Tasha.

10/14 1000am-I called the main office again and asked for Tasha. After getting her on the phone I explained my frustrations again. She proceeded to explain the three day refusal to me a total of four times. She finally agreed to contact the credit company to see if they would approve a return. She would call me back that afternoon. She didn't.

10/14 525pm-We called the credit company trying to get more info. Sandra said she had no record of anyone from the co. calling regarding a refund. Per our request she opened a dispute file and mailed us paperwork.

10/15 912am-I called the main office again asking for Tasha. Mark told me she was in training and offered to assist me. I told him who I was and what I needed. He knew of me saying that Tasha was trying to contact the credit co. I told him she hadn't and that we did and we also opened a dispute file. He said he would inform her and have her call us as she was in training from 10-530. She hasn't called as of 1030 pm.

10/16 940am-I called requesting Tasha again. Mark told me she was in training again and was unavailable. Asked him to give her a message stating I had filed complaints with the credit co., and BBB. He said he would forward the message. When asked who I could speak with above her he said there was no one and she was the top.

10/16 1006am-Mark called me (shocking) telling me that they offer a three day return policy and that I should have known in that time frame if I liked the equipment. I told him the salesman said it would take weeks for a noticeable difference and that we gave him the benefit of the doubt allowing more than three days of use (a mistake I won't make again). I also told him that the three day policy was a state law and that he shouldn't confuse that with doing me some kind of favor. He had no response other than he would try to get Tasha to call me back.

So here I sit.......

Kevin
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Health-Systems-LLC-Healthmor-Filterqueen-Defender-Majestic/Reno-Nevada-89502/Superior-Health-Systems-LLC-Healthmor-Filterqueen-Defender-Majestic-Non-existent-cust-381869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Health Systems, LLC, Healthmor, Filterqueen, Defender, Majestic