Complaint Review: Superior Home Services

• Submitted: Sat, May 17, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 17, 2003

• Reported By:Stone Mountain Georgia
Superior Home Services
1462 Gossett Ct. Lithonia, Georgia U.S.A.

Superior Home Services ripoff, non-delivery of service, false advertising, breech of verbal contract, verbally abused, false promises Lithonia Georgia

Reuben W. Canada advertised for homeimprovement in the local newspaper. I made a verbal contract with Mr. Canada to do some home improvement on Tues., 5/13/2003, i.e., fix the front door closer and install crown molding in a room.

Re: Door Closer
On Tuesday, 5/13, Mr.Canada told me the closer could not be repaired it needed to be replaced. He did not tell me there are any paricular designs of closers that would not work on my door. After showing my door to the salesperson in Home Depot (where I purchased the door), I was given what the salesperson in Home Depot stated is a "universal" door closer. The next day (Wednesday, 5/14 Mr.Canada stated it would not work for my door. I told him I would take it back and have one here when he would return. He said he would return at 9:00AM Wed., the next day.

Mr Canada had been interupting his work many, many times needing to go outside to talk on his cell phone. He looked very nervous and stated he had to be somewhere at a certain time that night but would return that night to work on the project.Then he asked me if I could pay him then and in cash. I trusted him and gave him a check for the full amount of work, then allowed him to go to the bank (before it closed) to get cash.

Re: Wood Molding
He did return & resumed his work but did not finish because he said he ran out of wood.

Mr Canada said he would return the next day, Thurs.,5/15 at 9:00 AM to complete the work of installing the ceiling molding and install the door closer. Mr. Canada was a no-show on Thurs and no call. I made 2 failed attempts to contact him by phone before I attempted again via email. No respoce. Late night I was able to get him via phone and he said he would complete the work the next day for sure,Fri 5/16 at 9:00 AM.

Again Fri, 5/17 Mr Canada did not show or call again. I called and reached him directly. Totally unprovoked he immediately became biligerent as if trying to pick a fight. He raised his voice as if he was arguing with someone and told me to stop acting like a "wife"!?? And he said he may or may not show depending on if he started or finished work for someone else!?? I told him the least he could do is call me and tell me he could not make it. Then he hung up on me

Stone Mountain, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2003 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Home-Services/Lithonia-Georgia-30058/Superior-Home-Services-ripoff-non-delivery-of-service-false-advertising-breech-of-verba-57315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Home Services