Complaint Review: Superior Protection Plan Waranty

• Updated: Thu, April 05, 2012

• Reported By: Kelly — Costa Mesa California United States of America
Superior Protection Plan Waranty
2400 Louisiana Blvd Albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

Superior Protection Plan Waranty First Automotive Service Corporation Fraudulent Warranty Albuquerque, New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Superior Warranty

*Consumer Comment: RE: scam

*Consumer Comment: At least I am not the Only one Having Problems.

*Author of original report: Another fix

*Consumer Comment: first-automotive-superior-protection plan

*Author of original report: Just FYI

I see a lot of people on ROR with the same problem. Bought a new truck from Tate Branch Dodge in Artesia, NM - and with it (in my financing)  bought the warranty for full power-train coverage from "Superior Protection Plan". I did this specifically and ONLY because the vehicle is 4x4 and modern drive systems are very complex.

Last week I made a right hand turn from a red light and the CV joint starts popping. I know enough about mechanics to have a vague idea what is wrong, so I park the truck, and make arrangements for a professional shop here in the LA area to take over.

The shop, who are extremely competent and have rebuilt much more complex vehicles for me (take for example a Lincoln Mark VII Sport Coupe with dynamic ride suspension and aluminum block performance package) and the have always been rock stars.

The shop foreman calls me back, and explains to me the warranty company doesn't want to pay for more parts than is necessary to put the truck back together after the exploratory procedures. He said they did not want to honor the agreement because the electronic brain on the transmission and associated connections are NOT covered.

So in sticker shock (the repairs are 33% of the value of the vehicle) I contacted my attorney, who took a look at the situation today, and said the method they are trying to use to get out of the contract is fraudulent. Their contract with me states:

"Standard Coverage" pp2 agreement, section 2 paragraph 1:

"Transmission - Transmission case and all internal Lubricated Parts, torque converter, transmission mounts, flex plate, and vacuum modulator."

He said the are they are trying to fraud me on is in the words "vacuum modulator". In post 1996 4x4 transmissions with shift on the fly options, there is no vacuum modulator, it is an electronic brain. That is what failed on my vehicle and without it the vehicle is non-operable. So the warranty slogan of "Keeping you on the road" appears entirely inaccurate.

I paid $1396.96 for a warranty that did absolutely nothing for me when the transmission failed. Also, please note that this warranty is primarily used by Credit Acceptance Corporation, another gem of a company that you will have a hard time reaching. But if they want to call you then the phone blows up all hours of the day and night.

I strongly suggest anyone buying a car from any dealership, especially in New Mexico (which is lame because I live in California now) should know about these companies. If your potential car dealership tries to roll any of these into your deal, run like heck! Tell all your friends of the danger, and never go back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Protection-Plan-Waranty/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87110/Superior-Protection-Plan-Waranty-First-Automotive-Service-Corporation-Fraudulent-Warranty-746927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Protection Plan Waranty

Superior Warranty

AUTHOR: Sheldon - ()

Had my transmission go out on me, had the car towed to the shop. contacted Superior that day and there was an inspector out the next day. There was an immediate approval and my car was back on the road two days later with a new transmission. Could not ask for any better service. I'm happy and I'm hard to please.

RE: scam

AUTHOR: sjr1 - (United States of America)

this is just another ripoff by credit acceptance they seem to have a lot of control over this auto acceptance policy i might be wrong so please correct if so i have learned that they will not cancel. its part of my finance contract i tried to follow up with my request to cancel with  number of long hold times than a disconnect i wish i could and more just but you can guess the rest just lookout for these scams.

stephen j robinson

At least I am not the Only one Having Problems.

AUTHOR: gldnmmrs - (United States of America)

I brought my car into the dealer this last saturday due to transmission problems. (My car is failing to shift from fourth gear properly.)

It has been five days since my car has beed diagnosed, the inspector came to approve my car for work but the dealership is still waiting for the final approval.

I have been driving a rental car for the time being, to only find out that they will only cover 2 days worth of my rental.

I am frustrated with their waiting game; for one I cannot afford the rental car after tomorrow, and I have no other choice, and two, they have yet to give the service a definet answer on when they can rebuild my transmission.

Another fix

AUTHOR: Kelly Black - (USA)

I am also in touch with the district attorney's office. What they did constitutes fraud across state lines and therefore a federal offense. I'm putting together the forms to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office for fraud. Also my lawsuit the finance company settled, and in our discussion said that Vicky is getting the axe. You can't drag a major corporate finance company into court without them noticing, so CAC is pretty well done with this sham warranty company.

first-automotive-superior-protection plan

AUTHOR: sjr1 - (United States of America)

i have had a little better experience but it was at the cost of a rental and they took 3 days to say certain items would be covered. i am trying to cancel the policy as i have only have this plan for less than 3 months i know i will be given a difficult  time in receiveing any refund although they said they will its doubtful.

Just FYI

AUTHOR: Kelly Black - (United States of America)

This email serves as notification that your eFiling has been received by the Superior Court of California, County of Orange.

Filed date and time: 12/7/2011 12:09:53 PM

Court location: Superior Court of California, County of Orange - Small Claims Central Justice Center

Confirmation number: 275413

Case number:

Case name: Kelly Black vs. First Automotive Service Corporation, a Corporation et al.

Document received: