Complaint Review: Superior Tech Help

• Reported By: Ray — Wichita Kansas
Superior Tech Help
Internet USA

Superior Tech Help Bogus tech support Internet

I experienced a continuing popup ad that even placed an icon on my status bar on my computer that would not go away. I finally gave up out of frustration and called them. They gave a big song and dance about how they were 'automatically notified' as a Microscoft Gold Partner about a virus in my computer. It sounded fishy, but I was getting desparate to get my PC cleaned up.

they had me do a few things, including starting the computer in 'safe mode with networking';  then had me check some services.  The "tech" acted amazed that so many services were stopped on my computer (as is normal in safe mode) and made a huge deal about how there was no date. He was pretty convincing, and passed me to a 'supervisor' who started the huge sales pitch.

This 'supervisor' claimed that McAfee is not a virus checker (wrong), and they 'only' wanted $249.95 to clean my computer.  Of course, they would need access to my computer to do so.

Bogus company but pretty big..they actually do answer the phone when you call them.  But, the nonsense about something being seriously wrong with a computer because services are stopped when opening in safe mode is totally bogus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Tech-Help/internet/Superior-Tech-Help-Bogus-tech-support-Internet-1060618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Tech Help