Complaint Review: Superior Tire Co.

• Submitted: Sat, November 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Al — Golden Valley Arizona United States of America
Superior Tire Co.
5421 US Highway 68 Golden Valley, Arizona United States of America

Superior Tire Co. SCAM: SUPERIOR TIRE CARES MORE ABOUT PROFIT THAN SAFETY Golden Valley Arizona

SUPERIOR TIRE CO. replaced the wrong part to correct the death wobble problem in my 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee AND REFUSES TO BE ACCOUNTABLE. The problem is commonly known as death wobble as it occurs in most Jeep grand Cherokee's at some point and is quite likey to cause a collision or death.

I brought the vehicle in two superior tire for inspection desribing the death wobble vibration. The mechanic at superior tire told me that it was the anti-sway bar that was causing the death wobble. He did not replace the antisway bar, just bushings. This did not correct death wobble problem, his diagnosis was wrong and his repair was unnecessary. I learned this as I was traveling down a hill on Interstate 40 with a semi barreling down my rear end. Both myself and my friend witnessed this as my vehicle went into a death wobble in which the vehicle truck uncontrollably. The semitruck had to swerve out of my way and pass me on the left I narrowly escaped death as did my friend Bill. I drove directly to superior tire  and told him what had occurred.  He reinspected the vehicle and told me now that it needed  new shocks,  front and rear tracking bars,  and better tires.  I went to see a friend and mechanic at an automobile dealership in Kingman  and I asked him how to correct death wobble in grand Cherokee. He advised me to purchase and replace the stabilizer shock, a $25 part. I did not tell him I just wasted money at SUPERIOR TIRE CO. on a unneeded repair. My friend Bill and I replaced it in abut 30 minutes in the yard and the vehicle no longer has any death wobble. Upon inspection of the old shock it clearly has play in it and was worn out. I still have the old one in my possession.  I did bring this to the attention  of the owner of SUPERIOR TIRE CO. but he never did call me  back as he stated  he would do.  I find that the customer service  at this company or perhaps  just this location is substandard  at best.  I also find it very suspicious  when a person who claims to be  a 30 year mechanic fails to look at the simple solution to a problem.  A solution so simple and inexpensive and one that clearly saves lives easily. It absolutely amazes me how someone's greed can overweigh their duty to provide safety to a fellow human being.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superior-Tire-Co/Golden-Valley-Arizona-86413/Superior-Tire-Co-SCAM-SUPERIOR-TIRE-CARES-MORE-ABOUT-PROFIT-THAN-SAFETY-Golden-Valley-A-964162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior Tire Co.