Complaint Review: Superior/world/global Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, March 18, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 18, 2004

• Reported By:norwich Connecticut
Superior/world/global Benefits
100a Walnut D15 #742, Champlain, NY 12919 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Superior/world/global Benefits ripoff credit card company Champlain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

Below is a statement from someone else but word for word is the same thing that happen to me. Word for word. And I am filing a law suit if this company still exist whether its by the same name or if they are using another name.

In December I received a call from Superior Benefits offering a Credit card with a $2500.00 limit fot the price of a one time $299.00 fee. I was told it would be delivered to my house with in 21 working days of the fee payment. I was told that my interest rate would not be higher that 8%, but usually around 4 to 6 percent.
I had originally set up the withdraw draft for the 23 of December. Realizing that I was not going to have the extra $299 in my account so close to Christmas, I called and asked that it be moved to January 20th. I spoke with Stve Calvin and was told that would be no problem. Well the $299 was taken out on Dec. 23 anyway. I called to complain, and was hung up on several times as soon as I asked for the name of the person with whom I was speaking with.

I got the run arround from a Cynthia, and a Jennifer, and neither would give me a last name. I was told by a Bill Johnson that there was a two week delay because of the volume of calls, and the holidays. I than spoke with a Daniel Lewis who was very nice and seemed interested in helping me. He told me that if it not arrive soon they could issue me a Fedex tracking number. He also informed me that the credit card would not be included in my packet. He told me that I would receive a letter from the credit card issuing bank a week after I received my packet, that I would have to sign and send in and then my card would be issued.
I received a credit repair packet on Feb 16 2004. I called back on Feb. 24 2004 and told them I have not received any letter from the bank. I was told that it sometimes takes three weeks for the letter to get to me. It is now March 8th, and I have not received any letters from any bank, and the phone number 866-554-0556 is disconnected. I feel as though I have been ripped off. No one said anything about a credit repair kit was what was being sent to me until after the money was taken from my account. I do not need this kit nor do I want it. I liked the idea of a credit card for no more than 8% interest. I would like to get this credit card or my money back for the $299 I spent.

Tina
norwich, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2004 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superiorworldglobal-Benefits/Champlain-New-York/Superiorworldglobal-Benefits-ripoff-credit-card-company-Champlain-New-York-UPDATE-Wo-84370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superior/world/global Benefits