Complaint Review: Supermedia - Idearc - Superpages

• Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Steve Gray — BOCA RATON Florida United States of America
Supermedia - Idearc - Superpages
2200 west airfield dr dallas texas 75261 Internet United States of America

Supermedia - Idearc - Superpages idearc superpages supermedia Rip Off Scam Extortion Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not so good

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Confirmed by Ex-Employee

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

This crooked scam company has changed names again. Idearc, Superpages and now Supermedia. Please do not sign up with these scam artists. They will rip you off. Once you sign up - you will not be able to cancel. Been trying to cancel for months their "online marketing" service. They bounce you around like a ping pong ball from person to person from supposed division to supposed division - phone number to phone number. Basically a shell game or net as they will hope you will just give up. It is an outragous scam. They do this on purpose of course. No one to speak to they just shuffle calls from side to side. After months of aggravation and hours upon hours of calls - we still could not cancel and they just keep banging your credit card. We had to go to the bank and go through the hassle of canceling our bank account and card. It was the only way to stop these con artists from stealing our money. Now I know they will keep sending bills (that wont stop) now I am sure they will try and extort money the old collection way by holding our credit hostage.

I have filed with the state attorney general office here in Florida.

These people are awful - please be careful about signing up with anything with these people. They change names - but search under Idearc and you will find a litany of complaints and businesses, individuals ripped off by this extortion racket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2010 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supermedia-Idearc-Superpages/internet/Supermedia-Idearc-Superpages-idearc-superpages-supermedia-Rip-Off-Scam-Extortion-Inter-569703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supermedia - Idearc - Superpages

Not so good

AUTHOR: fishkiller67 - (United States of America)

I am a former customer of Idearc. I agree they're a horrible company. I tried to contact customer service with the email address given here and got no respose.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Confirmed by Ex-Employee

AUTHOR: Jackson William - (United States of America)

I used to work there..and you know what..this is probably all true sadly.  The company's product is not awful, but their sales methods they use to attain sales is deplorable..  I apologize to you and any other consumer that has had to deal with this nonsense, and I apologize for being even the slightest part of it.  I no longer work there..it's clear why.  All the best in getting this fixed.

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy.  Please give me the opportunity to review your issue.  I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update.  Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at: customerservice@idearc.com

Your full name and title:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief complaint description:

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

Your full name and title: