Complaint Review: Supermedia

• Updated: Wed, November 17, 2010

• Reported By: Mike C. — Havre De Grace Maryland United States of America
Supermedia
2200 West Airfield drive DWF Airport, Texas United States of America

Supermedia, Super Media, Idearc Scammers, ripoffs, lies, will tell you one thing but mean another DWF Airport , Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

Idearc called me offering what I thought to be for an add in a newspaper such as Pennysaver, Essex Times, or the Avenue all 3 do the same area.  For a 5" X 7" display add use to cost me $350.  Alisha Smith was the sales person for Idearc Media who called me saying she wanted to use my flier I thought to be in a newspaper.  Times were tough, I told her I could not afford to advertise at this time.  She persisted to try and sell me.  I told her what it costs me to advertise in other papers but I didn't have the money to do so at this time.  She told me she could do the service for $163.00.  I talked to her 4-5 times and told her a dozen times if it was more than $163.00 don't do the add.  I have people that heard me say this to her.

I get a letter in the mail saying Idearc is filing Chapter 11.  I figured that was why I was getting the add done so cheap.  Super Media now sends me a bill for almost $2,000.  I sent them $163.00 that I agreed to pay.  The add did not go into a newspaper it was sent as a post card with first class mail.  It was supposed to be sent to the poor people in the area to offer entertainment for $7 a night learning how to dance.  I told Alisha Smith I had no money, the people in the area had no money,  this was to give poor people something to do for cheap entertainment.  I guess she needed all the accounts she could get to have Super Media to hire her,  since Idearc must have been bought out by Super Media.  Warning to everyone don't use Super Media they don't mean what they say.  Now I have collection people calling me etc.  What a headache.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2010 02:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supermedia/DWF-Airport-Texas-75261/Supermedia-Super-Media-Idearc-Scammers-ripoffs-lies-will-tell-you-one-thing-but-mean-661487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supermedia

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy.  Please give me the opportunity to review your issue.  I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update.  Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at: customerservice@supermedia.com

Your full name and title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your contact number: