Complaint Review: Supershuttlecr.com

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: WorldTraveler — Spring Hill Florida United States of America

Supershuttlecr.com Safe & Reliable Costa Rica Shuttle Services is very misleading for it's Crappy shuttle Service of Sabanilla, Internet

I caution anyone coming to Costa Rica and AVOID like the plague Supershuttercr.com because they are THE WORST transportation service. They are prone of making false confirmation, more interested in getting your money and breaking promises of being reliable.  I booked a round trip in Los Yoses to Mount OSA.

The hostel staff was given all information with directions, contact phone numbers and dates and time for Mount OSA. In turn, the staff emailed the information to the shuttle service a week before I was schedule for pickup; also I requested a taxi service up and down the mountain from the eco-community.

The manager, Javier Ortiz Rojas, even TOLD the hostel staff, who spoke Spanish, they can arrange pickup and drop off with an arranged taxi service which was $20 extra. Thus the total cost of the trip round trip was $160: $60 one way (for round trip $120) and $20 for the taxi service (for 2days $40).

The service didnt send a confirmation regarding or reiterating the details after the phone call. On the eve of my trip, then, and ONLY THEN, I received an email for payment only. Also, Javiers details only listed the dates I was leaving and returning and how much Im to pay for my trip. Nothing else was provided as to where I was being dropped off and the name of the taxi driver or service at Mount OSA.

I sent my PayPal payment and requesting that he confirm by replying with an outline of the complete details as I provided a week ago.  Before retiring for the evening, there was no response and by the next morning, still no email.

Even the driver had no idea what I was talking about and the situation gotten even worse once I arrived at Mount OSA. The driver asked me, where do you need to go? The dispatcher lacked to provide a drop off and pickup location. So the driver after several attempts kept calling the office till he gotten Javier when at that time, the driver was instructed in finding a taxi, provide direction and PAY the cab driver.

Before the date of my return, I had emailed and EVEN CALLED Javier in verifying my pickup from the mountain and being dropped off at the tour office for the shuttle arrival. Javier kept saying Yes, yes to everything I said without even acknowledging he even understood. I sent my email and requested a confirmation which should be answered by Saturday because I schedule to leave for Sunday afternoon.

Once again, I had to arrange my own taxi service going down the mountain and PAID $40 rather the $20. The tour office manager, where I had to wait for the shuttle, was so generous and spoke to Javier and explained the situation. She repeated his words that I should expect a reimbursement when the return driver arrives, however, the driver stated that he didnt have any additional funds to pay me back yet he had money for filling up the van.

I explained to Luis, the driver that evening, also the situation about why the service owes me $40; he even called the office but spoke to another driver. He repeated that the office will pay me back via PayPal after New Years (I left on New Years Eve).

Well, on 2 Jan 2013, no such email regarding reimbursement was received so I sent a request for a refund which the service completely and simply ignored.

The hostel even called numerous of times and throughout the day, he was lucky to get ONE pick up and each time inquiring when the service will send repayment; each time Javier's answer was different.  Problem with the computer or they already sent it.

I made another PayPal request, this time Javier insisted and claimed he made payment but
I took two snapshot images of my account and nothing indicated payment repaid or deposited.

As of 10 Jan 13, its been 11 days since my return from Mount OSA and I still havent gotten my refund. Earlier today the hostel staff, after making contact for 2 weeks, had informed me that Javier again claims he sent payment and once again upon reviewing my PayPal account, no such transaction has been made.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!  AVOID at any cost from scheduling for transportation service with Supershuttlecr.com because in reality it's CRAPPY SERVICE.  Javier Oritz Rojas is a cheat and deceiver!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supershuttlecrcom/internet/Supershuttlecrcom-Safe-Reliable-Costa-Rica-Shuttle-Services-is-very-misleading-for-it-994816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supershuttlecr.com