Complaint Review: Support Kids - CSE Child Support Enforcement

• Submitted: Sun, October 28, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Support Kids - CSE Child Support Enforcement
4120 Freidrich Lane Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Support Kids - CSE Child Support Enforcement Scare tactics for collecting alleged back child support payments - I don't owe. Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Update please

*Consumer Suggestion: I am with you

I would like to state that this collection agency is ruthless and prey on people fears and hoping you will not look into their allegations of owing back child support payments.

I was given a false file number claiming to be an open case for back payments.

They are rude and very unprofessional using scare tactics to get you to send them a check ASAP.

I have report this conduct to the State Attorney General's Office in the state of Florida.

I called the family court and was connected to the records department, which did a search for me, justifying that no open case exist and the only one I had was dismissed.

Support Kids inc also known as CSE Child Support Enforcement must be stopped. I am willing to all in my power to ensure that this doesn't happening to anyone else.

We must all ban together to stop collection agencies that operate like this.

William
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2007 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Support-Kids-CSE-Child-Support-Enforcement/Austin-Texas-78760-7188/Support-Kids-CSE-Child-Support-Enforcement-Scare-tactics-for-collecting-alleged-back-chi-281495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Support Kids - CSE Child Support Enforcement

Update please

AUTHOR: Being Harrassed - (U.S.A.)

I was wondering what happened when you filed your report with the Florida Attorney General's office. We are going through a very similar nightmare with Supportkids (see my posted from Somewhere, NY). We have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission under the Fair Debt and Collections act, but have yet to hear from them. Our next step is to file with both NY & TX AG offices. This outfit must be stopped! They have harrassed us for 10 months now. Even after we had proved that the ex filed a false claim with them. They have yet to produce a court order for non-payment of child support. And this non-payment took place over 30 years ago!!! Madness, I'll tell ya!
But please do give me an update on your situation if you can.
Thanks!
Somewhere, NY

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I am with you

AUTHOR: Be Nice - (U.S.A.)

I agree. I actually live in the state of Florida and I am currently paying child support for 5 children. My ex wife calls me and says, "I didn't get a check this week, so call them and find out why" Ok i said. So i proceed to call and after being on hold for 20 min on my cell, they tell me since i am a non custodial parent, i have no right to any information......can u believe this? I am 100% of my childrens income and i have no rights. Come to be 2 weeks later she finally gets one check. Not 2 or 3 checks but one. I contact my employer to find out why it wasen't paid. My payroll dept says that the money was sent back to my company. This is because she moved and had left no fwding address. So when she called them to change her address 2 weeks later, they resumed sending the checks, but only one. Not the 3 she didn't get.

Anyway, about 2 months down the road, my police friend calls me and says, "hey why is your license suspended?" So i went online to check and so it was. I had to go to my original county of dissolution, go to there office and ask why.

They tell me it's becuase i stopped paying for 2 weeks. I had already done my homework on it. The clerk of courts has on total of payments and the dept of rev has another. According to the law, the clerk of courts records are the correct one's. Of course i knew that i was not delinquent becuase i went to the clerk of courts online and got my payments printed out. So he proceeds to tell me that there computer system is down. No problem I say, i did your job for you. Now if you'll reinstate my license, i'll be on my way. No, we don't do that here he says. Last time i checked it costed 50.00 to reinstate a license in florida. He says, "Oh i'll have them waive it" Ya like hell they did. I went ther and what was my answer? No we can't waive fee's i am sorry. I went back to that office and they were closed. That guy had a mouthfull of F words commin to him, but it is done now. Now i check it all the time......you gotta be on top of these people all the time......they treat it like they are collecting there own money...a--holes....!!!

Have a good one