Complaint Review: Support Kids

• Reported By: Brandy Bailey — Arlington Texas United States of America
Support Kids
Austin, Texas United States of America

Support Kids SupportKids, Inc Complete RIP OFF!!! Austin, Texas

I first started out hiring Support Kids to collect on arrears of child support in April of 2011. In July of 2011 I informed them that the non-custodial parent had filed for Bankruptcy in June of2011 and that he would continue to be in Bankruptcy for the next three to four years. They never informed me that they were closing my case. In August of 2011 the Attorney General petition the Bankruptcy court to release the non-custodial parent from Bankruptcy due to non-payment of the court order. The non-custodial parent finally made a payment in October of 2011 with Support Kids in the amount 800.00. Support Kids sent the payment to OAG- once the payment return to them they took 475.00 (start up case fee) plus 34% of the payment which left me with 198.00. On Oct 26th I wrote them a termination of contract letter and called them to re-informed them that he is in Bankruptcy and collecting on arrears at this time is against the law. Yet they still do. They have collected more payments from him and have not release me from contract. How is this legal?? Any parent thinking of going into business with them PLEASE DONT! I am currently looking to see if there is a class action lawsuit against them, or see if there is any way I can sue them myself!! It is a TOTAL rip-off!! They are taking CURRENT support out of my child mouth!! How is that helping us?? Also they advertise for PAST DUE, but they collect on all afterward?? This has to be a scam!!! Can someone help me in this case???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2011 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Support-Kids/Austin-Texas-78760/Support-Kids-SupportKids-Inc-Complete-RIP-OFF-Austin-Texas-799483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Support Kids