Complaint Review: SupportKids Servinces Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 24, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: SueTexasSupportKidsServices — new york New York
SupportKids Servinces Inc.
PO Box 18988 Austin, TX 78760-8988 dallas, tx, Select State/Province USA

SupportKids Services Inc. Misleading garnishment notice Austin, tx & Dallas, Texas Austin, Texas

SupportKids Services Inc. based in Austin, Tx and also affiliated by the same name company in Dallas has been using misleading and unauthorized notices to garnish my New York wages for a Florida child support case from 20 years ago.

To date, the company has never sent me a letter, notice, nothing stating what I owe in child support. Despite that I was making weekly child support payments, sending money separately to my adult son (his support ended four years ago but I'm still paying back support), and negotiating via telephone and email with SupportKids to make a one-time lump settlement, they were garnishing my wages and never bothered to tell me.

The notice they attached to the original court order from 20 years ago was signed by an illegible person's name, and there's no notarized signature, no title, no contact information for the person asking for the wage garnishment by SupportKids, which by the way never states their address where they ask for the garnishment. Is this even legal? They don't say how much I owe either.

Interestingly enough, on the bottom of the notice, it states that if the employer has questions they should call CSE (that's another name for the company "Child Support Enforcement")--which they got in trouble for using this name in million dollar lawsuit filed against them in 2008 and they supposedly changed their name and are STILL using CSE to make the notice appear official. Also another contact number on the order states to call "Income Withholding Center" Does anyone know if this is a new name for the company or another official-sounding scare tactic. All the phone numbers go back to SupportKids.

When I contacted SupportKids and explained I never received any notice and asked how much I owe, what am I trying to settle, they replied "what's the point?" and to this day have never provided me with any information but they want me to pay a huge lump fee within 30 days and I've never seen the settlement letter.

Also, the garnishment money hasn't been recorded with Florida??? and SupportKids is askng me to find out what happened. This is a Santa Claus company. A good lawyer could sue them in a heartbeat and win just like the State of Virginia did and now refuses to recognize them.

Is anyone filing a class action suit against SupportKids and, if so, can you please send me information of how i can join one or which attorneys might know how to do this. If I live in NY and the case is in Florida, do I need to hire an attorney where my wages are being garnished or in Florida? Also, which is the best place to file a complaint and does Florida recognize SupportKids to collect child support monies?

(((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SupportKids-Servinces-Inc/dallas-tx-Select-StateProvince/SupportKids-Services-Inc-Misleading-garnishment-notice-Austin-tx-amp-Dallas-Texas-Au-1061819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SupportKids Servinces Inc.