Complaint Review: Supra Telecom

• Submitted: Fri, July 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 22, 2005

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
Supra Telecom
2901 SW 149th Avenue Suite 300 Miramar, Florida U.S.A.

Supra Telecom Ripoff Is Not A Business, They're A JOKE! Supra Telecom Has Stolen $600 of My Money! Miramar Florida AND COSTA RICA

COMPLAINT RE: Supra Telecom
2901 SW 149th Avenue Suite 300
Miramar, FL 33027-4153
Ph.: 786-455-4200
1-866-47-Supra (1-866-477-8772)

I had been a customer with Supra Telecom for over 3 years when a few weeks ago, I had made a payment of $100 through Supra's Automated System. Something went wrong with their automated system and for the next 5 days, Supra Telecom deducted $100 every day out of my checking account.

By the time I checked my bank, Supra had taken out a total of $500. $400 of this amount was unauthorized. To boot, I was also charged a grand total of $600 in overdraft fees!

The only supervisor I was able to talk to was Jerry at extension 7559.

I "3-way called" Jerry at Supra and my bank I explained what had happened. Jerry was VERY RUDE! He didn't allow me, the customer to speak, I found myself CONSTANTLY taking over him, he said things to me like, "Ma'am, are you finished talking so I can speak now?"

Finally Jerry admitted fault. He told me that Supra will be responsible for the $400 extra they took out and for the overdraft fees it had costed me.

For the next week and a half, Jerry kept telling me to give it a few more days for Supra to reimburse my checking account. FINALLY over 2 weeks later they reimbursed my checking account $400.

As far as the overdraft fees, Supra Telecom credited my phone account only $60 and refuses to reimburse me the remaining $540 I was charged. I spoke to Gus in their Billing Dept. who clearly said it was MY own fault that I was charged so many overdraft fees and that Supra was only responsible for $60 of it.

Kristen at my bank (Wachovia) told Gus that $60 wasn't nearly going to cover Supra's $400 mistake since overdraft fees are $30 EACH transaction which doesn't include the daily charges for having a checking account with a negative balance.

Supra Telecom "pulled a fast one". I have NEVER dealt with such a frustrating circumstance before. I didn't feel that I deserved to be treated as if I am wasting their time. This costed me so much time and money.

The bottom line:

Companies like Supra Telecom do not remain in business for too long, what they are trying to get away with will soon catch up with them.

Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2005 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supra-Telecom/Miramar-Florida-33027-4153/Supra-Telecom-Ripoff-Is-Not-A-Business-Theyre-A-JOKE-Supra-Telecom-Has-Stolen-600-of-M-150875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supra Telecom