• Report: #1031959

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Supreme Brands, LLC, Vital Acai Trial Offer
941 Pearl Street San Diego, California U.S.A.

Supreme Brands, LLC, Vital Acai Trial Offer Misleading Free Trial San Diego California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Did this actually work?

*UPDATE Employee: Terms & conditions are not Hidden - They are listed on the Order Page and Must Be Agreed To

The company offers a free trial of their product. What they don't say (unless it is hidden in the fine print) is that you will typically receive your "trial" near the end of the 15 day grace period. When you get your trial product you find out that the grace period is just about up, so unless you are really paying attention, you can count on losing your $78.91 automatic payment every month. I tried calling numerous times during the day and early morning on their 24 hour customer support hotline, but got no response. Wait times averaged about 10 minutes before giving up. Had to close my checking account and report fraud to the bank.

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supreme-Brands-LLC-Vital-Acai-Trial-Offer/San-Diego-California-92037/Supreme-Brands-LLC-Vital-Acai-Trial-Offer-Misleading-Free-Trial-San-Diego-California-1031959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supreme Brands, LLC, Vital Acai Trial Offer

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Did this actually work?

AUTHOR: Laura D. - (U.S.A.)

I'm one that got snagged by this company, and yes, I should have read better the terms. But, I tried and used it faithfully, and it simply did not work. I exercised just about every day (45 minutes on tread mill at good speek -- I am a long-time runner). It simply did not work.

I'm wondering...does it work for ANYBODY?

AUTHOR: Devin - (U.S.A.)

Dear Pete,

I'm sorry that you are upset and feel you have been mislead by our trial; we have taken many steps to insure that customers are presented with our terms and conditions repeatedly so they are aware of what they are signing up for.

The terms and conditions are listed in clear, visible language on the botom of the order page - if you did not check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions then you would not be able to order from us.

These terms and conditions are also sent to you in a confirmation email immediately after you order from us, and are also sent out to you with your product on a product insert.

So as you can see, we are not hiding the terms as you claim; in fact, you have to go out of your way to avoid reading about them!

The vast majority of our customers get their initial shipments within 3 days from ordering, so most customers get 11-12 days to try the product which is plenty of time to make an assessment of if the product is right for you.

I'm very sorry you had so much difficulty contacting us; we were transitioning to a 24/7 customer service center and because of this, call times did become quite long. You did have the option, however, of leaving us a detailed voice message where we could update your account in accordance with your message.

Once again, I'm very sorry about your experience but I cannot agree with your statement that the terms were hidden and the trial took forever to get to you; most customers receive the shipment within a few days, and if they don't they call us and we will extend their trial as a courtesy. Our terms and conditions are listed repeatedly on our sites and our sent to you in an email and with your product, so to claim they are hidden is disingenous at best.

If you have any further questions or have other issues please contact our 24/7 customer service staff at (866) 899-9006.

Customer Service Manager