Complaint Review: Supreme Brands - Livestrong - Weightloss - Teamwellness

• Submitted: Mon, July 27, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 27, 2009

• Reported By:Santa Maria California
Supreme Brands - Livestrong - Weightloss - Teamwellness
941 Pearl Street, #27 La Jolla, California U.S.A.

Supreme Brands - Livestrong - Weightloss - Teamwellness Credit Card charged even though initially rejected and no product was received La Jolla California

*UPDATE Employee: Wish we could help you but you have tied our hands by Disputing

On May 26, 2009, I signed up for a free trial of ColoTrim through an online ad and entered my credit card information to pay the shipping & handling of $1.95. When I submitted the order, I was told that the order did not go through because the credit card was rejected. I contacted my credit card company to find out what the problem was and was told thast there was a fraud alert on my account due to questionable charges. I cleared up the issue with the credit card company and the alert was lifted on my account. After a bit of research and reading the many complaints about the company, I decided not to make the purchase and, given that the charge was rejected and the product was never received, promtly forgot about it.

When my June credit card statement came in, I did not notice the $1.95 that had been charged to my account. It was a small amount and I simply overlooked it. However, when I received my July statement, I noticed a charge for $79.90 from soemone called Weightloss and called the number listed only to discover that Supreme Brands had, in fact, pushed through the order that had previously been rejected but I had never received. I explained this to them but was told that I had received the product and they would not revers the charges. I told them that, if I had received the product I would have sent it back as I has discovered, from friends and through online complaints, that the product did not work and had decided against purchasing it. They said that since I did not cancel within the specified time period of 14 days, the charges were valid. I don't understand how they could be valid since I never received the product to try in the first place and, in the second place, if I received it why isn't it in my medicine cabinet and why didn't I send it back since I understood from others that it did not work.

I have since discovered that my account has been charged for website access that I did not agree to at $9.95 a month for the past two months. They claim that I was notified of this trough an email that I never received as well. I have disputed these charges with my credit card but, having been treated very rudely throughout this whole process, I want something done to protect others from this scam.

Sherik
Santa Maria, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2009 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supreme-Brands-Livestrong-Weightloss-Teamwellness/La-Jolla-California-92037/Supreme-Brands-Livestrong-Weightloss-Teamwellness-Credit-Card-charged-even-though-in-473810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supreme Brands - Livestrong - Weightloss - Teamwellness

Wish we could help you but you have tied our hands by Disputing

AUTHOR: Devin - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sheri,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation - based on your story, it sounds like we would need to investigate the situation thoroughly to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, we can no longer help you resolve this as you have instead chosen to dispute the charge with your bank.

Once you file a dispute with your credit card company it is impossible to provide you with assistance - our hands are now tied because the funds are locked in dispute and we must work with your credit card company to reach a resolution. They will investigate the matter and ask us for records to try and determine what has happened - in a few weeks they will let you know what conclusion they have reached (this does NOT mean you are guaranteed a refund - your credit card company will make this decision after being provided records from our system, and as our company does keep multiple types of detailed records on file it is very rare that we actually lose a dispute).

Based on what you have written your story does not make much sense; you said your credit card was "rejected" when you tried to place an order so you were never given an order number or sent a confirmation email - if your credit card was "rejected" then the order would have been unable to complete and you would not have been billed or shipped anything. Our system automatically generates an order number and sends a confirmation email when an order is successfully placed (as well as automatically sending out a shipment to the address that was supplied), so I dont' see how you could have placed an order that said "rejected" and have not gotten the order number, confirmation email, and shipment.

I really wish you had asked us to investigate this so that we could have worked with you to resolve this in a timely fashion - as you have tied our hands by disputing this with your credit card company we will work with them to resolve the issue.

Additionally, I would like to make a few comments regarding how you have described our company - you may have read some online complaints regarding customers who were not satisfied with the product but did not close their account within the trial period so they were billed (on this site there are around 40 complaints regarding this).

However, we have shipped over 50,000 trials - that means 0.0008% of customers have complained about us, and the reason they are upset is that they did not close their account within the trial period (we did nothing unethical as these people made assumptions and repeatedly ignored terms and conditions).

No company is ever going to satisfy every single customer, though we do our best to understand unique situations that are presented and empathize with our customers. As the facts show, less than 1 in 1000 customers have complained about us.

So where are the other 49,960 complaints if we are a scam?

Devin Ebert