Complaint Review: Supreme Brands

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 17, 2009

• Reported By:Park Falls Wisconsin
Supreme Brands
941 Pearl Street La Jolla, California U.S.A.

Supreme Brands Trial offer Acai Pure Concentrate SCAM charged $78.91 instead of $4.95 shipping costs They don't answer 24 hour customer support hotline they do not respond Very unfair and not authorized by me to do so with credit card La Jolla California

*UPDATE Employee: Terms & Conditions are listed on the Order Page, sent to you in a Confirmation Email, and listed on a Product Insert

I responded to an ad that said you could try a free 15 day trial of VitalAcai Pure Concentrate and pay only the shipping charge of $4.95. I examined it (the ad) thoroughly. There was no obligation or no commitmnet to buy further product. They were so confident of their product after my trial offer that I would find it to be a working product and would order more. It did not say and if it was there it was well hid that my credit card will be billed $78.91 after 15 days. I did not open the two bottles of 30 caplets they sent because this is not what I ordered. I tried several times to call the 24 hour customer service number and waited long times and no answer. It said at any time I could push 1 and leave a message, it did not work. If I send them back they charge a huge restocking fee. This ad I responded to was not what it led me to believe, they scammed my credit card and won't repond to me to let me cancel. I need help a.s.a.p. on how to proceed and stop their crimminal act and misleading ads.

Laurie
Park Falls, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Supreme-Brands/La-Jolla-California-92037/Supreme-Brands-Trial-offer-Acai-Pure-Concentrate-SCAM-charged-7891-instead-of-495-ship-397194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Supreme Brands

AUTHOR: Devin - (U.S.A.)

Dear Laurie,

I'm very sorry you have had such difficulty contacting our customer service department; we were in the process of transitioning to a 24/7 call-center and because of this hold-times were delayed. Our new center is up and running and hold times are under one minute.

However, I do have to question your statement that you read the ad "thoroughly" - we do list terms and conditions on our order page that you must agree with in order to submit an order. The terms are very clear and visible, and do state in detail that you will have a 15-day period to try the prodcut and see if it is right for you; if you are happy with the product and keep your account open then when the 15-day trial ends you are billed for the shipment at it's regular price.

These terms are sent to you immediately after ordering in an email confirmation and were also sent out to you with your product on a product insert.

We cannot stop customers from ordering from us even though they failed to read and understand the terms that are listed on the order page, in an email sent to them, and on an insert sent out with the product.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are upset and would like to try and assist you if possible - if you could please contact our 24/7 customer service staff at (866) 899-9006 they would be happy to hear your story and try to assist you.

Devin