Complaint Review: Surburban Propane

• Reported By: Ken — Happy Valley Oregon United States of America
Surburban Propane
10075 Southwest Cascade Avenue Tigard, Oregon United States of America

Surburban Propane SEVERE overcharging to loyal customer Tigard, Oregon

I have been a loyal customer of Suburban Propane for over ten years.  Since they are a well-known brand, I figured that they would provide propane at a reasonably competitive price.

Over the years, I had called the company several times to inquire on the price per gallon of delivered (500 gallon tank) propane since the price seemed quite high.  They always told me that the price depends on how much product is purchased over the entire year so they could not give me a price.  Like an idiot I never did insist on a per-gallon price.

Well, today, at the recommendation of Morgan Heating in Gresham (an awesome company), I called a different propane supplier to get information on switching.  American Energy quoted me a price of $2.27 per gallon.  To give Suburban another shot, I just called them for a per-gallon price five minutes ago.

I almost fell out of my chair, they gave me a price. Suburban is charging me:

$4.78 PER GALLON!!!!!!!!  Holy $%#!

Part of the fault is my own for not checking around for a better price.  But, really folks, why would a reputable company rip off its customers like this?

I hope this message reaches potential victims and saves them from the same fate.  BTW, my builder signed up Suburban when my house was constructed.  I simply went with his recommendation without doing my own research.  Expensive lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surburban-Propane/Tigard-Oregon-97223/Surburban-Propane-SEVERE-overcharging-to-loyal-customer-Tigard-Oregon-557425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surburban Propane