Complaint Review: Sure Start Auto Repair

• Submitted: Wed, March 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Stranded in Sevierville — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Sure Start Auto Repair
1206 Ownby Circle Sevierville, Tennessee United States of America

Sure Start Auto Repair Mechanic Stranded Me Just To Get Even! Sevierville, Tennessee

the mechanic ordered an oil pump on Monday. That same day, my dealership called him to set up a deal where they would pay for the parts in the repair, and I would pay for the labor. The mechanic used this exchange as an excuse to put other cars ahead of mine.

To do this for one day might be acceptable, but the mechanic kept putting off his deadlines for receiving the part, and for having the work done. I was very nice about this, and never offered a strong objection.

One Tuesday afternoon, I he told me that the part would be there at 3pm, and they would get the vehicle done first thing in the morning. I called at 9am on Wednesday, and he told me the part just arrived, and that he would probably get to it by the evening. I asked if there was any way we could bump it up, as I have small children I hadn't seen in almost two weeks, and I really needed to get home.

That's when things went down hill. He told me, "Here's what you can do. Get your Jeep and have it towed to somewhere else." I couldn't believe my ears. I just said, "OK", because I didn't know how to process what just happened. I called back ten minutes later, and said, "If you know you could get it done by this evening, I would like to have you do the work..." He cut me off, "I've already cancelled you out. Get your Jeep and get it out of here. You aggrivated me by asking me to rush. I don't get rushed".

So I am having my vehicle towed to another mechanic. If you need your vehicle repaired in the Knoxville or Sevierville area, don't be too anxious to get your car fixed. This mechanic might just kick you out to get spite you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sure-Start-Auto-Repair/Sevierville-Tennessee-37862/Sure-Start-Auto-Repair-Mechanic-Stranded-Me-Just-To-Get-Even-Sevierville-Tennessee-1024299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sure Start Auto Repair