Complaint Review: Sureway Beneficial (aka) Spectra

Sureway Beneficial (aka) Spectra
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sureway Beneficial (aka) Spectra Lying, Cheating, Scoundrels Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Sureway and Spectra

I was called last night at my home (March 10, 2005)by a guy who sounded foreign. He gave me his name which I wrote down. Oddly enough the name didn't seem foreign. They explained that I had applied on-line for a credit card a few weeks back (True). They said that I had been approved and they just needed to get additional info. They also told me the credit card had a 0% interest rate for the first 3 years and that I could max it out at $2000.00 to pay off another card I have with very high interest.

I told them there offer sounded too good to be true and that I was uncomfortable giving them my information. He told me his name again and said that he understood my concerns and rambled off something about being a financial company that helped people get out of high rate debts. I don't know what he rambled off because he spoke very fast and with an accent. He transferred me to a woman who would explain that it was illegal for them to blah blah blah (she also had an accent) without getting my blah blah blah. Then she transfered me back to Travis who I could understand slightly better. He gave me his extension and ID number.

I wrote everything down because I was suspicious. Then I told him that I was going to give him my info and immediately call my bank to see if they checked out and if they didn't I would close my account and open a new one. He said he understood completely. I was stupid and gave him all the info he asked for. I hung up, called the number he gave me 866-642-9465 received a recording that the office was closed. There was no company name revealed on the recording.

I went on-line, looked up the name, found this website and immediately called my bank, closed my account and opened another. The bank was very sentimental and said that I was not the only one to fall for the scam. These people truly are dirty, rotten, scoundrels. I have names, numbers, etc. if anyone would like more information.

Valerie
Campobello, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2005 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sureway-Beneficial-aka-Spectra/nationwide/Sureway-Beneficial-aka-Spectra-Lying-Cheating-Scoundrels-Nationwide-134622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sureway Beneficial (aka) Spectra

Sureway and Spectra

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

If you have names and numbers, It would be helpful to others if you posted them. Thanks.