Complaint Review: Surewest

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2014

• Reported By: Dissatisfied customer — Mission Kansas
Lenexa, Kansas USA

Surewest Consolidated Communications Dishonest, poor service, very poor customer service Lenexa Kansas

I have been a customer of Surewest for about 2 yrs now. I started out with just internet service and about a year ago I added cable. The cable has always been slow and have had issues from the start. Lately it had been the worst it has ever been. Very slow!!! I would try to change the channel and would have to wait about 15 to 20 seconds after pressing a button on the remote the command would finally respond.

I called customer service here locally in Lenexa, KS. I explained the issues that I had been experiencing and was told I could bring my boxes into the location in Lenexa, KS, so I took time off of work and disconnected the 3 boxes I had. When I got to the location the man behind the counter basically laughed in my face and said I could not exchange out my boxes and I would need to schedule someone to come out to my home to exchange my boxes. So of course at this point I am very frustrated and anoid that I was told to bring my boxes in and go thorough the trouble of disconnecting 3 boxes and driving out to there location.

So I did request that when my contract was over I would be cancelling my cable service which it was only 2 more weeks away and I did state that their cable was terrible the clerk did not seem to care or even try to offer a solution, he had an attitude as if I were bothering him going into that location. 2 days later my service was turned off and when I called to find out what was going on I kept getting transferred back and forth between customer service and tech support. I finally asked for a corporate number since no one could or would tell me why I was not getting services. I finally got in touch with customer service out of California and they finally let me know that someone had come out to my house and disconnected my services and that the request was made the same day I went into the Lenexa location which I have come to the conclusion that the clerk was upset that I raised my voice and I will be cancelling my service and that their service was terrible. I spent 2 hrs and 15 minutes on the phone trying to figure out why my services were not on and finally got an answer from a customer service rep in California, because no one at the local office would be upfront with me and let me know that it was disconnected and tried to say it was a technical issue with the box outside my house and yes that was partly true but they failed to mention that someone from Surewest came out to my house and disconnected my services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surewest/Lenexa-Kansas-66205/Surewest-Consolidated-Communications-Dishonest-poor-service-very-poor-customer-service-1164555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surewest