Complaint Review: Surf And Sierra Nursery; Growquest; Chris Gilcrest

• Submitted: Sat, November 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:san bernardino California
Surf And Sierra Nursery; Growquest; Chris Gilcrest
134 Davis Street Santa Paula, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 805-453-1538
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Surf And Sierra Nursery; Growquest surf And Sierra Nursery; Growquest; Chris Gilcrsurf Took my money for my internet order and never shipped the order. Santa Paula California

This company has two websites: Surf and Sierra Nursery and Growquest. Both sell nursery products, plants, bugs for use an pesticide alternative. Website is nice and looks professional. Prices are great.

When you order, you get a confirmation. You think, "ok, this must be legit". I even got an email stating my order had been shipped. Then nothing came. I emailed back and the response was, oh we missed it or later I got a response that it was too hot to ship. I emailed again and asked for a tracking number for the shipment. Then I got no response for a while. Then I called. I got the owner on his cell phone. He told me that he was having trouble with his hired help and he personally had taken my order to FedEx the night before and did not have the number on him but he assure me it would come. I called again the next day and some woman said it had not been shipped and I asked for a refund. She said they would refund my credit card ASAP. It did not happen.

Finally I contacted Google Checkout who processed the payment. They contacted the vendor and got no response to Google refunded it for me.

I later found a site called "Dave's Garden" that had many postings for this company under its many names stating what a ripoff they are. APparently this guy had also been previously charged by the DA up in Visalia CA where they used to be located. I have been trying ever since to notify people of this fraud company.

Wolfiesmom
san bernardino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surf-And-Sierra-Nursery-Growquest-Chris-Gilcrest/Santa-Paula-California-93060/Surf-And-Sierra-Nursery-Growquest-surf-And-Sierra-Nursery-Growquest-Chris-Gilcrsurf-Too-395987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surf And Sierra Nursery; Growquest; Chris Gilcrest