Complaint Review: Surface Design Solutions

• Updated: Wed, December 16, 2009

• Reported By: John — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Surface Design Solutions
lynmoor dr Atlanta, Ga Internet United States of America

Surface Design Solutions Ridgely Currence Buyer Beware: Do a Background Search on this Character and you will see pages, upon pages of Lawsuits against him. He is a Con Artist/Deceptive Business owner whom should be watched Carefully Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: John Waddy & Jennifer Waddy smear campaign

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: "John" do you have a personal vendetta?

My wife and i hired Surface Design Solutions to do work on one of our homes a while back. We met with Ridgely Currence several times over the course of a few weeks until we picked a certain Concrete Product. We hired Ridgely's Company to do the Project. He was two days late starting the project. When he finally arrived, we could tell that his own employees were either day laborers or didnt like him, for they talked behind his back. The job took twice as long as expected and the end result looked nothing like the Product we purchased. Instead of offering to fix the mess, he came up with a long story of how the concrete changes color over time, the coloring was a modeled effect, etc, etc.. No matter what we said, Ridgely would not admit that he was wrong. One of his Employees came up to us at the end of the Job and told us that he screws every client he can. The Employee said Ridgely never fixed any job he messed up, he would use his Ex Corporate Training to talk people into liking a Finished Product that they didnt buy nor like. [continued below]....

..... Furthermore, the Employee told me he had been sued more times than anyone he'd ever known.  I couldnt believe what this guy was telling me. Not only did we get stuck with a Shabby Product, there wasnt much we could do about it, for this Guy was the lawsuit KING of Atlanta.

After hearing all of this news, i purchased one of those Civil/Criminal/Court Record Background Checks.. WHOLLY CRAP... This guy has sued every person he's ever had relations with, business associates, friends, girlfriends, family, clients, clients suing him ( tons of these ), etc...  Just look online. He always has a few new lawsuits pending.

There are some serious Character Flaws with this Gentleman.  Please check public record on this Guy if you want proof for yourself. Whatever you do, stay away from this Company and stay away from Ridgely Currence.

www.surfacedesignsolutions.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surface-Design-Solutions/internet/Surface-Design-Solutions-Ridgely-Currence-Buyer-Beware-Do-a-Background-Search-on-this-Cha-535303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surface Design Solutions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

John Waddy & Jennifer Waddy smear campaign

AUTHOR: President - (United States of America)

I would hesitate to do business with John or Jennifer Waddy.  The fact that Jennifer didn't even realize she was sending the email to me instead of her husband tells you a lot.  However, you be the judge.  After touching up other the damage due to other trades twice and giving them a discount, I have no other choice but to charge them for more repairs.  I received the check, but did not cash it nor did I respond after the email.

here is the email:

On 3/27/07, 7:05 AM, "Jennifer.Waddy" <***********************> wrote:

He came out ONLY Once! And that was to make repairs only days after, prior to any construction!  Also the saeler he applied was in that one area that didn't take the first time!

I say take his a*s to court.  Even if it cost us.  I also say lets post a nice blog on how much his company Sucks.  Seeing that people go online to look at pictures..this would greatly affect him.

your thoughts

Cc: 'Jennifer.Waddy'

Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 7:05 PM

Subject: RE: Following Up

John,

I'm sorry but I can not be responsible for other trades damaging the floor or putting tape on it.  I have touched up scratches a few times already and also applied another coat of sealer.  $250 was also deducted from the final price.  There is nothing faulty with the materials, the project, or the craftsmanship.

I can repair the damaged areas, but I wouldOn 3/27/07, 7:05 AM, "Jennifer.Waddy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>He came out ONLY Once! And that was to make repairs only days after, prior to any construction! Also the saeler he applied was in that one area that didn't take the first time!

>I say take his a*s to court. Even if it cost us. I also say lets post a nice blog on how much his company Sucks. Seeing that people go online to look at pictures..this would greatly affect him.

>your thoughts

>Cc: 'Jennifer.Waddy'

>Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 7:05 PM

>Subject: RE: Following Up

>John,

>I'm sorry but I can not be responsible for other trades damaging the floor or putting tape on it. I have touched up scratches a few times already and also applied another coat of sealer. $250 was also deducted from the final price. There is nothing faulty with the materials, the project, or the craftsmanship.

>I can repair the damaged areas, but I would have to charge for my time -$250. If you want to schedule the work, then please send a check so I can confirm you.

>Ridgely T. Currence

>To: [email protected]

>Cc: 'Jennifer.Waddy'

>Subject: Following Up

>Ridgley,

>You came to our house, saw our damaged floors, and quickly left without scheduling a time to come make the repairs. Please call my wife Jennifer 404-875-4131 to schedule a time to come make the repairs this week. I am ready, willing and able to go to small claims court and get the entire job refunded if this is not handled right away.

>John Waddy

>Fax: 404-541-9784

>TF: 800-972-9427

>www.TwentySix2.com

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"John" do you have a personal vendetta?

AUTHOR: President - (United States of America)

Because if you didn't have a personal vendetta, then you would post your real name, job specifics, dates of the project and things that could be verified.  What product did you purchase?  How much did you spend?  If you have a problem, then be professional enough to communicate openly.  Being anonymous usually means there is something more to the story than what your willing to admit....   like you aren't even a real customer?

SDS is committed to professionalism, integrity and quality.  Attacking someone personally and maliciously to try and hurt their company speaks volumes about someones character.