Complaint Review: Surfside Internet ISP

• Reported By:PS California
Surfside Internet ISP
Surfside.net Nationwide U.S.A.

Surfside Internet ISP Ripoff in progress Huntington Beach California

Surfside Internet, based in Huntington Beach, Ca. offers reduced internet service, as low as $9.44 a month. But... this is accompnaied by a $19.95 Set-up fee and the service is completely widows based using "outlook" and the like. This leads to very poor service.

Also when you load the disc and sign-up you have to call an 800 (877) number and have a tech walk you through the windows set-up programs in order initiate service. The service is slow and cumbersome. Windows boxes for sign on and the like continue to pop-up even when you are not on the Internet. Therefore... After paying for 2 months of service up front I cancelled after only 31 days.

Contacting customer no-service I had to leave a message and was called back. The rep told me he would cancel me at the end of my 2 months as I was prepaid. He had no confirmation number or any type of cancellation verification to give me. 16 Days after my "cancellation", having received my bank statement I find a charge by Surfside Internet for an additional 2 months service. So again I call customer no-service (at 3 in the afternoon), leave a message for someone to call me back, which doesnt happen for 2 hours, call back and am told the finance "department" was at lunch, I was then connected.

They did not have my username on file but did have my address, at which time they/he tells me that "you've been cancelled but you were billed". OK, refund my money. Then he verifies my mailing address and says, " this will take up to 30 days". To refund my gredit card? "No', he says, "To mail you a check". AS IF!! We will see. Shady, unreliable service. Shame on me, don't let this happen to you and avoid Surfside Internet.

Palm Springs, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2003 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surfside-Internet-ISP/nationwide/Surfside-Internet-ISP-Ripoff-in-progress-Huntington-Beach-California-64740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surfside Internet ISP