Complaint Review: Surge Labs

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: Screwed by Surge Labs — Atlanta Georgia
Surge Labs
Atlanta, Georgia USA

Surge Labs Sean Nelson BEWARE OF SURGE LABS, SURGELABS.COM & SEAN NELSON THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, MAKE PROMISES AND NEVER DELIVER!!! Atlanta Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fake Negative Review About Surge Labs and Sean Nelson

*Author of original report: Surge Labs Guarantee Only Guarantees They'll Keep Your Money

*Consumer Comment: Same Ripoff with Surge Local

I meet Sean Nelson from Surge Labs surgelabs.com via a LinkedIn group. He introduced himself to me as an Internet Marketing Specialist. He told me that he could dramatically increase the traffic to my landing page & the conversion rate. Sean was very convincing. I thought he was extremely nice and professional. I hired Surge Labs surgelabs.com and I prepaid for 3 months of service.

After one month he told me that I needed to pay more money to rebuild my landing page. Then one month later he told me I needed to pay more money and rebuild my company website. In total I have already paid over $4,500 to Sean at Surge Labs. It has been 5 months since my first payment and my new landing page and website are still not done. They keep promising me next week but next week never arrives.

This is so frustrating because just today they charged my credit card again for monthly service… WHY is this frustrating to me? Because they have not even started doing any of the monthly service!!! They can’t because the landing page and website are not done yet.  I have asked Sean for a credit or free months and he said NO!!!   So what am I going to do now? You should be ashamed of yourself. I can’t believe you would take this much money from a client and then provide nothing for the money. Am I the only one having problems with Surge Labs??? Please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surge-Labs/Atlanta-Georgia/Surge-Labs-Sean-Nelson-BEWARE-OF-SURGE-LABS-SURGELABSCOM-SEAN-NELSON-THEY-WILL-TAKE-Y-1066225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surge Labs

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fake Negative Review About Surge Labs and Sean Nelson

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

This is a Fake Negative Review!

I can't prove that to you.  That's the problem with anonymous reviews.  Anyone can say anything and if its made up, how do you disprove it?

Since I can't disprove a false accusation I can at least point out some oddities in this review and the others that were posted out of the blue:

1. Surge Labs has never had an online complaint (since we started in 2010) yet suddenly two complaints are filed on July 11 and July 12.  IF we were as bad as the complainant describes, this wouldn’t be our first negative report.

2. This complaint by Screwed by Surge Labs (Atlanta, GA) was also posted on PissedOff Consumer by Anonymous (Denver, CO).

A second complaint (Report: #1066225) on Ripoff Report by Surge Local Sucks (Ft Lauderdale, FL) was also posted on PissedOffConsumer by Anonymous (Denver, CO)

On Ripoff Report the two complaints were filed by two supposedly different people, one in Atlanta andone in Ft Lauderdale.  Duplicates of these complaints were filed on PissedOffConsumer by Anonymous of Denver, Co.

Its clear that all four complaints were made by the same person wanting to look like multiple people.
  3. "they charged my credit card again for monthly service"
    - The only way we take credit cards is through PayPal - yet no complaint was filed through PayPal.  Why? Because this is a fake review and the person has never done business with us, thus never paid a dollar through PayPal.

4. The use of an Anonymous name to make complaints.
    Given the detail made up in these posts, if this were true it would be clear to me who the person making the complaint is.  So why hide their real name.  Since its a false complaint they don't want their name known to avoid legal action.

5. If  the complaints were true why not sue us?  If someone ripped me off for $4,500 I would be taking legal action.  Its not that difficult to file a small claim action in Magistrate court (here in Georgia its for claims under $15,000. Here is the link to do so - http://consumer.georgia.gov/pdf/Complaint_Form.pdf).

There will not be a court filing though since the complaint is fake.

6. A commenter on one of the complaints posted on PissedOffConsumer conveniently has the name Surge Screwed.  What are the odds that a non-connected commenter would have a username that includes part of our Company name?

7. Finally some truth!  "this guy works out of his house, it's not even a real company"
    Actually we are a real company formed as an LLC.  Yes we work virtually.  It saves money and we avoid Atlanta traffic.

If this were a real complaint I would at least be able to share our side of the story.  But, it being a fake negative review, I can only post oddities about what’s in the reviews.

We treat our client’s with respect and if there are issues we resolve them.  If someone is unhappy with the work we have done we will make changes or return fees paid.

I’ll even make this offer.  If the complainant can provide documentation of a payment to Surge Labs we will pay triple the costs ($13,500 based on his $4,500 amount) back to him.

I’m not worried about having to make that payment because ...it’s a fake story.

If you, or the alleged complainant have any questions about this matter feel free to call me directly at 770-662-221.

Surge Labs Guarantee Only Guarantees They'll Keep Your Money

AUTHOR: Surge Labs Screwed - ()

Thanks for the reply, I asked about the guarantee for Surge Local surgelocal.com AND Surge Labs surgelabs.com. Sean Nelson told me the guarantee does not apply to building landing pages and websites. I said what about the monthly service work and he told me I have to wait until the end of the contract before I can get 2 free months….. So really he wants me to waste money by paying him 7 more months…. OMG he must be crazy if he thinks I am going to risk / waste any more money with them.

Same Ripoff with Surge Local

AUTHOR: Also Screwed - ()

I also had a problem with Surge Local surgelocal.com They are the same company as Surge Labs. I met Sean Nelson on LinkedIN and then I visited both of his websites surgelocal.com and surgelabs.com. I was impressed with everything he said. He is a professional sales man. I just wish he delivered on his promises. I would have been happy if just 50% of what he promised would have come true. I used Surge Local for 6 months and paid about $3,000 and my conversion rate dropped and it never came back up. Then when I asked him about his guarantee he told me he would give me a 20% discount on the monthly service to keep going. I canceled, why would we keep spending good money after bad.