Complaint Review: Surplus Alert

• Submitted: Thu, June 04, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:bessemer Alabama
Surplus Alert
surplusalert.com Amory Building, Suite#5073 Internet U.S.A.

Surplus Alert I didn't sign up for this!! St. Kitts Internet-east carribean

My mistake was to believe that my account was fine so I never looked at the bank statements. I knew I had $1.86 in the bank and therefore have not used my bank card. I decide to open my bank statement this time around and find I have $193 in overdraft charges. My bank charges fees for each day the overdraft remains. So this one charge of $9.95 put m y account in the negative for the last two months. I call my bank immediately and I am filing a dispute.

I call the Surplus Alert (first time ever hearing of them) to find out what kind of company they are and how they got my information. First call, my phone was staticy and I couldnt hear the girl talking. I asked what the company was but couldn't hear her reply so I hung up and called back. Before my phone even connected I get a cancellation email from them!!! I hadn't even spoken to anyone!!!! I then get someone who tells me that I had to sign up for it and that it was a warehouse company that helps deals with online auctions. I do not sell anything on the internet and the last time I bought something off the net was in December. This company had been charging my account since March. I tell them there was no way I would sign up for this service if I do not sell anything nor have I even heard of the company. She tells me to file a police report to get my money back since they have a no refund policy! I said, " Of course you do!"

Thank God my bank is willing to help me. I changed cards and information so that this cannot happen again. Lesson...always check your bank statements since information can be sold and stolen over the internet.

Theresa
bessemer, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surplus-Alert/internet/Surplus-Alert-I-didnt-sign-up-for-this-St-Kitts-Internet-east-carribean-458419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surplus Alert