Complaint Review: Surplus And Adventure

• Updated: Mon, September 28, 2009

• Reported By: Dudley — Worcester Other USA
Surplus And Adventure
Coneybury Farm Shop Complex, Alcester Road Internet United States of America

Surplus And Adventure surplusandadventure.com The worst kind of online shopping experience Flyford Flavell, Worcestershire , Internet

I tried to order a rucksack from surplusandadventure.com early last month. Ordered online, good price though the P&P charges we're very high.

Waited a week from when I placed my order and nothing. I tried to email them a couple of times but all the listed contact and support addresses on their website bounced back after a day or so.

Getting a little worried I looked up their contact details and discover they are only about ten miles away from me. I called them and I could tell they we're used to the kind of call I was making as the excuses started flowing straight away...

'Our dispatch department have been very busy this week', 'If you ordered on a Tuesday we wouldn't have got your order till Wednesday[?]', 'It takes a few days for us to process orders' and so on. I'm told that they do have my order and as a courtesy they will drop me an email when the item is sent out.

After I hung up I still had no idea when the item would arrive and as it was now only a week until I was going away I regretted not canceling the order on the phone or at least saying I'd go and collect the item myself.

Anyway, next day I get an email to say the item has been sent out.

It arrives a three days later and as I open the package I see firstly, that the bag is damaged in several places and has had an attempted repair and even worse, is not the item I ordered.

I immediately emailed the contact address I had been given on the dispatch note and three days later I get a reply saying that if I send it back to them and they will look into it. I can't believe how poor and slow the customer service is, especially given the unreasonably high P&P charges, I certainly won't be ordering from them again and eventually had to buy another bag elsewhere.

I was pointed towards these reviews after mentioning my poor experience elshwhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2009 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surplus-And-Adventure/internet/Surplus-And-Adventure-surplusandadventurecom-The-worst-kind-of-online-shopping-experience-501190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surplus And Adventure