Complaint Review: Surplus Toner

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: Joyce — Houston Texas
Surplus Toner
6901 Lynn Way Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Surplus Toner, AKA Toner Max, Doris Mario, Offered me a job in writing, required me to purchase some software, ripped me off! Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Not our company

*Consumer Comment: Was Attempted to be Scanned Also

On 6/14/2013, I received an email with an attached Job offer from Surplus Toner via an Employment Agreement Letter. I had submitted my resume via Craigslist for an Accounting, Customer Service and Data Entry Clerk. I began corresponding via email with the Human Resources Department - Hiring Manager Doris Mario.

Doris Mario requested that I stay signed in on Yahoo Messenger at all times. I have daily transcripts of our conversation. I was told that I my salary for one week training would be $15.70, increasing to $18.70 per hour, along with group benefits and fringe benefits.

Doris instructed me on 6/19/2013, that I would receive a startup payment for software and equipment that I would need to do my job. All software was to be purchased from the company vendor. After waiting and waiting on 6/21/2013, I was told that the check was mailed out and I would be provided with a tracking number. On 6/25/2013, I finally was provide with a tracking number. 6/25/2013 at 6:01 p.m. the check arrived at my house via USPS and I went to my bank and deposited it..

On 6/26/2013, I was instructed to go to the bank and withdraw the $200 for the Vendors software. I bank stated that as of 06/26/13 @8:05 am the Available Balance was 1517.87. The $200 was Moneygramed to Vera Freeman, Waynesville NC 28786.  After the Withdrawal and Moneygram, I went the the local office and copied the appropriate documents were emailed to dorismario and records @surplustomerdirect.com.

Needless to say, They scammed me for my money and I was already broke and struggling, BUT, I know that everything will work out for my good.

THanks for your time.

Joyce Young

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surplus-Toner/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15208/Surplus-Toner-AKA-Toner-Max-Doris-Mario-Offered-me-a-job-in-writing-required-me-to-p-1062845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surplus Toner

Not our company

AUTHOR: SurplusToner.com - ()

This was not done by our company.  We have no employee named Doris Mario.

Earlier this year a scammer decided that they would use our company name and info to try and convince people they were legitimate.  We immediately changed our website to show on our hiring tab that we are not currently hiring and that the only person who conducts interviews is myself and we list my contact info.  We also put down that we never use instant messenger for interviews.

We had multiple people come to us over our live chat provided on our website and we told them all that this was not us, and that they should report it to their local authorities and the FBI's internet crime complaint center the www.ic3.gov.

We have filed complaints with the FBI because they are infringing on our company logo and representing themselves as us and have gotten our attorneys involved to try and resolve the matter.

Unfortunately there is no way to combat someone from doing this.  You should never send money to a job, legitimate jobs don't ask for money from you.  And you should never have to pay for software on a computer they are providing to you.

I am sorry that you were scammed by these inviduals, but there is nothing we can do to stop someone from illegally representing themselves as online.  We have tried to make it very clear on our site, and if you would have contacted us through our site we would have told you this.

Was Attempted to be Scanned Also

AUTHOR: Karen D - ()

I also was contacted after responding to CraigsList job opportunity.  It misrepresented itself in the ad by making you believe they were a brick and mortar company.  After getting you interested they then tell you about how wonderful the opportunity is and you can work your own hours at home.  They pay, benefits, hours everything was "Too good to be true" and I realized it was just that!  It was a scam that entices you to pay for your "software" to be installed on a computer that they are to furnish you.  THink people, if this is on the up and up they would certainly go ahead and have the appropriate software installed if they are going through the expense of sending you a computer!  I immediately knew it had to be a scam.  I have reported them to the FCC but doubt anything will be done.  Please be aware that this is in no way a valid opportunity!  Do not be fooled by their website and offer letters.  I was lucky enough to figure this out before giving them any money or damaging information.  I hope this helps others to avoid that as well.