Complaint Review: Surplus and Adventure

• Updated: Wed, December 30, 2009

• Reported By: Darren — herne bay Internet United Kingdom
Surplus and Adventure
coneybury farm shop complex Internet United States of America

Surplus and Adventure Very bad customer service when requesting a refund worcestershire, Internet

My purchase from this website was made purely because they offered the cheapest prices for the items I required. I placed my order on 13th November 2009 and I received an email confirmation the same day.

Two weeks later I was still awaiting the items I had ordered. I rang the numbers on the website but found it hard to get anyone to answer. When I did get through I was told I had to supply ID before they would send the items to me. I emailed my ID within ten minutes of that call. A few days passed and I still had no confirmation from the company that they had received my ID. I rang them again and spoke to a lady who checked on their system and confirmed my ID had been received and she assured me that my order would be processed.

A few days later I got a package in the post. Three items were missing from the order. The items that required my ID. The invoice was clearly marked 'items to follow', which I thought was odd. I rang again and spoke to someone different, a young girl, who told me all three items were out of stock and would be posted when they were in. At that point I requested a refund of those three items. The girl apologised and told me she would pass my request to the admin department.

Two weeks have now passed and I have still not received my money back. The company is now not answering the phone number for their administration department (which is the only valid number they have on the site out of the three). I appreciate this is possibly a busy period for them, but to not answer the phone at all is unacceptable. The least the company could do is supply their holiday information on the website.

I have emailed them this morning (Dec 30th 09) politely requesting my money back for the three, never delivered items, and that if they do not contact me within seven days I shall contact my credit card company.

I might add that in my ten plus years of buying online, I have had trouble before, but never, ever, to this extent. The company clearly has issues with order taking, communication and refunding clients. Also, the items I ordered, that they do not have, are clearly being advertised on their site as in stock, which is wrong in my opinion. I'm also worried/concerned that this site pops up first (using google) and that there are no sub category search warnings against the site.

I regret to have dropped my guard on this occasion. Steer clear of this website until you hear good things about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2009 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surplus-and-Adventure/internet/Surplus-and-Adventure-Very-bad-customer-service-when-requesting-a-refund-worcestershire-547331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surplus and Adventure