Complaint Review: Susan And Eric Hudson, Addicted2hobbies

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 15, 2008

• Reported By:Anchorage Alaska
Susan And Eric Hudson, Addicted2hobbies
14763 Lone Eagle Drive Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Susan And Eric Hudson, Addicted2hobbies Cashed my Federal Credit Union Check, did not send item, re-sold item days later on eBay Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: sounds like a scam artist

On January 13, 2008 (my birthday, incidentally) I was the winning bidder on an item placed on eBay for sale by the Hudsons dba addicted2hobbies. The item is the Lionel Celebration Series Stock Car #6-19558, 6556. I immediateky sent a cashier's which I purchased in person at my local Federal Credit Union. I have a copy of the canceled check provided to me by the Credit Union. The Hudsons claimed at the time they were on vacation from the 18th of January to the 18th of February. The check, curiously, was cashed by the Hudsons at their Bank of America branch on the 14th of February. Bank of America stamped the check: "Credited To The Account of The Within Named Payee (Susan Hudson) Endorsement Guaranteed Bank of America, N.A. The check was cleared by my bank on the 19th of February (rapid "rebound" there, eh?) Susan Hudson wrote me in answer to one of my e-Mails: "If your money order (?????.... excuse me, it was a cashiers check from a federal credit union of the United States of America) was somehow cashed by us & not recorded we will honor the purchase. Please forward a copy of the signed check." I forwarded a copy directly to them. My bank also sent a copy. They answered, saying: "Don't worry no matter what the outcome if the mistake is ours then you will get either the car you purchased or a full refund whichever you choose." I never heard from them after that. I appealed to eBay directly but, their system of "dispute resolution" is as baffling as the Cheshire cat in Alice and Wonderland. They were quick to back away from this matter. I came to the conclusion that the Hudsons are dishonest, greedy rip-off artists with an inclination to take what they can (thieves, in other words) when the opportunity presents itself. I read another complaint on the internet about the Hudsons. This prompted me to add to the list. I am, in fact, a professional designer and this type of behaviour is labeled unethical conduct where I come from. Not only that, it is a crime.....and since a federal bank was involved in the transaction I assume it is very likely a Federal Crime as well. So, Susan Hudson and your cohort, I ask you again: how does it feel to be a thief? Remember, my Federal Credit Union has the canceled check on file. Your move- your last one, a snippy little negative feedback piece directed at me which shows, more or less, your true colors and, as one might expect, you're trying very hard to avoid responsibility for your personal conduct. Oddly, it matches what the other fellow had to say who made his complaints public in this forum.

Regards

Richard
Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Susan-And-Eric-Hudson-Addicted2hobbies/Orlando-Florida-32837/Susan-And-Eric-Hudson-Addicted2hobbies-Cashed-my-Federal-Credit-Union-Check-did-not-send-363104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Susan And Eric Hudson, Addicted2hobbies

sounds like a scam artist

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

I will be surprised if you get any help from eBay concerning this matter.

You will however get lots of form letter emails from them, since most, if not all, responses are automatically generated.

Very seldom do you win when you have a problem with eBay.

I would however file charges against them. Talk to the local authorities to see about doing that.

I mean, come on, how can you dispute the fact that she signed the back of the check and it was deposited into her account.

She claims they were on vacation for one month.........by checking her feedback, she has no activity during that time.

If it was a "thief" who cashed the check instead of Ms. Hudson, I highly doubt the "thief" would have deposited the check into the Hudsons account.

Who is she trying to kid?????????????

If you are going to file charges, you need to do so quick. You may only have a certain time frame to do this in.

card