Complaint Review: Susan Elizabeth McVey, NP

3227 Hawks Hill Lane Keedysville, Maryland United States of America
  • Phone: 410-322-3775
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurses

Susan Elizabeth McVey, NP Susan Brun, Susan Forman, Elizabeth McVey, Susan McVey Balmford Misrepresented herself as a doctor and as a nurse practicioner when after checking her background, she is neither. Ms. McVey also claims to be a legal consultant and a pyschologist as well and she ha Keedysville, Maryland

*General Comment: Kelly Herndon

*General Comment: FURTHER INVESTIGATION

*General Comment: Please contact me with your side of the story

*General Comment: Please contact me to tell your side of this story.

*Consumer Comment: What?

*General Comment: A Killer with an RX pad.

*Author of original report: Answers

*General Comment: Some facts don't check out with this report

I have been seeing "Dr. Susan McVey" for approximately the last 4 years through a doctor she worked for, Dr. Robert Crouch, in Frederick, MD.  McVey represented herself to me as a physician.  She offered to watch my, at the time, 16 month old daughter, while I was recovering from major surgeries.  (which entered her into a fiduciary relationship at least)  During the entire 4 years McVey was writing me numerous prescriptions; such as numerous antibiotics, giving me lupron 3.75mg injections for endometriosis, urological medications, dilaudid, gastrointestinal medications such as reglan, gabapentin, zymbalta, lexapro, demerol, percocet, loratab, and other medications.  While McVey was watching my daughter she continued pumping me full of dilaudid 60-120 pills every 2 weeks nearly killing me.  When I asked her to return my daughter, she hid her and I still can't find my daughter.  Since this has all happened, her medical license and pharmaceutical licenses have been check and she does not have enough schooling to have become even an RN much less a doctor, legal consultant, pyschologist, much less does she have the legal capability to write ANY prescriptions.  I am writing this report to help protect other individuals from this woman until she goes to jail.

Kelly
Herndon, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2010 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Susan-Elizabeth-McVey-NP/Keedysville-Maryland-21756/Susan-Elizabeth-McVey-NP-Susan-Brun-Susan-Forman-Elizabeth-McVey-Susan-McVey-Balmford-664360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Susan Elizabeth McVey, NP

#1 General Comment

Kelly Herndon

AUTHOR: Robert bristow - (United States of America)

I worked with Kelly for awhile trying to help her get her child returned. I have all copies of everything she has been through fighting for her child. I have copies of all the prescription records she talked about. I talked with CPS and also called police in her area. They all stick up for each other. I asked CPS do a welfare check on the baby that this woman took under fraudulent means. I have the copies just in case Kellys came up missing. My research showed McVey did not finish her schooling.

#2 General Comment

FURTHER INVESTIGATION

AUTHOR: Shocked - (USA)

demonstrates that the individual named above is currently involved in a custody (and adoption case) in Frederick, Maryland (see Maryland Judiciary Case Search website).

Just like false claims are sometimes made by parents about each other during divorce proceedings in order to sway any custody decision (and hence the child support award), this has the sound of "the little boy that cried wolf".

Reading the case summary on-line, the child is still with this woman and the mother, "Kelly"(Shannon),is now allowed to have visitation with the child twice weekly, for one hour each time, in a supervised facility (as of 4/4/11 according to the entry listed in the on-line court record).  Not to mention requests for drug testing and psychological evaluations....wow!  this looks like a Jerry Springer show!

It is irresponsible of this website and the author, "Kelly" (Shannon), to list this woman's home address (according to the court record) and telephone number for display on a global forum.

If the woman has the child living at this address, isn't there any concern about the safety?

#3 General Comment

Please contact me with your side of the story

#4 General Comment

Please contact me to tell your side of this story.

AUTHOR: NeedsInformation - (United States of America)

Hello Kelly, Robert, and Shocked,Ive been reading all of these reports and have seen NUMEROUS postings by Kelly all over the internet. I would really appreciate it if someone from SUSAN'S side would contact me to give me your version of the events. I am happy to publish your side, if that is what you want. If not, it'll remain just between us. I'm to the point I don't know who to believe but I can tell you my opinion is leaning in the opposite direction of where it started. Please contact me @ (((Redacted))) This email has been specifically created for this topic and will be deleted after I have spoken with both parties in the case. I am NOT an attorney, a police officer, a judge, etc. I have NO affilication with ANY legal agencies whatsoever nor do I bellong to any media organizations. I am just a normal, every day, average citizen who simply wants to hear the other side of this story that is NOT being heard. Thank you!

I hope to hear from you soon.

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- So the OP has accused this person of kidnapping her approximatly 5 year old daughter, yet that doesn't seem to phase her as much asthis personwriting prescriptions.

So either this report is fake, and the OP needs to get some "professional" help, or the OP needs to get off oftheir *SS andcontact the police if she has not already done so.

#6 General Comment

A Killer with an RX pad.

AUTHOR: NeedsInformation - (United States of America)

Please find the email that has already been sent with the same title.

Answers

AUTHOR: iwillprevail00 - (United States of America)

There is a rebuttal stating about the length of McVey's working at Dr. Crouch's office.  I have prescriptions printed out by my pharmacists dating back for approximately 4 years.  Due to the federal HIPPA act I will not be putting them on here.  If need be I will take a page and black out pertinent information so that all of you can see the truth, and upload it.  Anyone can have a fake tax id, doctored papers of any kind with all the technology we have.  If you have access to professional records, all of this can be verified.  I have not a thing to gain in putting in this report, other than to make others aware to protect them so this doesn't happen to anyone else!!  My life is forever changed medically by this individual.  Not to mention what my son goes through in missing his sister and myself.  It is not enough to just run a background check on a doctor, you should talk to others so that you can get a REAL idea about that doctor, their credentials, etc.

#8 General Comment

Some facts don't check out with this report

AUTHOR: Shocked - (USA)

Kelly,
When checking on the Maryland Board of Nursing website:  www.mbon.org (look up a licensee) the person named in this report is in fact an active CRNP (certified registered nurse practitioner), RN (registered nurse) and RN-WCCM (registered nurse workman's compensation case manager).
Also, when doing a Google search, I found that there is a LinkedIn profile that matches the person's information given in this report.  However, it lists that Susan McVey did not begin working in a Urology practice (which is the specialty listed for Dr. Robert Crouch on the Board of Physician Quality Assurance) until January 2009.  Prior to that, she was part of a practice called Upper Chesapeake Health (which when researched is located about 75 miles away from Frederick in Harford County).
The LinkedIn profile also lists Federal DEA registration and Maryland CDS (controlled dangerous substance) Registration. The profile also lists two degrees (a Master's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree) from two separate universities (University of Delaware and Johns Hopkins University).  The Maryland Board of Nursing website also lists at least the Johns Hopkins University information.
Several questions come to mind:
1.  How did the prescriptions get filled if this person is not legally authorized to prescribe?
2.  How much education is this person supposed to have in order to qualify as a Nurse Practitioner?