Complaint Review: Susan Harrie Sapphirecove Sphynx

• Submitted: Sun, January 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:Manistee Michigan
Susan Harrie Sapphirecove Sphynx
869 Cove Rd Wales, Michigan U.S.A.

Susan Harrie Sapphirecove Sphynx Sells Sick cats to unuspecting Buyers Wales Michigan

*Author of original report: Anderson

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Get a life Amanda

*Consumer Comment: I would test for leukemia, aids and FIP if you haven't

Sold me a blue male sphynx "Gizmo" with: a bad URI, Fungal Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, Herpes and Pnumonia! Don't purchase a cat from her or anyone with a stud cat named "Anderson".

When she was confronted about her actions she attempted to spread rumors and make me look like the bad guy. In addition, the "vet records" she gave me were hand writen on construction paper. She later informed me that she had been trying to treat him with fish antibiotics, my vet told me that this is unacceptable because she had no idea what strain of URI the cat actually had. Gizmo never did get any better and he will suffer for the rest of his life.

I urge people to actually visit her home and see the cages that she keeps her animals in, the litter covered floors and ask to see the animals locked in the basement. Search her name on this website and you will see that there are many people with this same complaint. Beware of anyone defending her as well as I am certain they are just as bad as she! I would be happy to fax proof of his illnesses and the registration papers I got with him with her cattery name on it if they want.

Also, when I was at her home I witnessed her attempting to "fix" a cat's umbilical hernia with her bare hands. She was poking her finger (dirty nails and all) into the cats tummy...the poor thing probably died of a staph infection.

BUYER BEWARE

Amanda
Manistee, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Susan-Harrie-Sapphirecove-Sphynx/Wales-Michigan-48027/Susan-Harrie-Sapphirecove-Sphynx-Sells-Sick-cats-to-unuspecting-Buyers-Wales-Michigan-413597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Susan Harrie Sapphirecove Sphynx

Anderson

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Anderson is no longer associated with Sapphire cove cattery nor Susan Harrie. He was purchased by another breeder and has been checked for illness and is in good health, he was lucky. Sorry for any confusion.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Get a life Amanda

AUTHOR: Amanda Carpenter - (U.S.A.)

Amanda is lying. I never had cats in my basement. She is just trying to make herself the best breeder or she is really mentally ill. My cats were tested for all diseases. And guess what many breeders do treat their cats with the same thing I did. Where do you think I got my information from. No kitten of mine had a bladder infection and I never tried to fix a hernia. Never gave you a vet record on construction paper. You bought the kitten as is without breeding rights. You also agreed to continue with the meds I got from a licensed vet. So get a life Amanda. Get out of the cat business where you do not belong.

I would test for leukemia, aids and FIP if you haven't

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

So, I went to this site (I think), and clicked the contract/guarantee portion. Unless it is more detailed than what I read, it clearly states all cats are healthy at time of placement (and are non-returnable for safety issues). If you have proof she had the kitten under any sort of treatment, then she broke her contract. Unless you were made aware. There is also the question of whether or not there is any state laws in place where she lives, regarding the sale of animals. Ringworm and urinary tract problems are a fact of life with cats, but this sounds a bit out of control, and your kitten should never have arrived in that state. I would also test for leukemia, aids, and FIP if you have not already done so.
I would also like to note that most vets don't test for strains or sensitivities before prescribing anti-biotics either while not defending this breeder in any way...........