Complaint Review: Susan Shipp J bar S Doberman's

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: John — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Susan Shipp J bar S Doberman's
795 NE 101 Rd Warrensburg, Missouri United States of America

Susan Shipp J bar S Doberman's jbarsdobies.com After a clever bait and switch tactic during his 2000 dollar purchase, and despite living in a house that my wife and I keep clean, reasonable bathing, vet visits, vaccinations, a strong healthy diet, Warrensburg, Missouri

*Author of original report: Crazy Woman!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Please request copies of the e mails between John **** and myself

*Consumer Comment: There must be a mistake.

After a clever bait and switch tactic during his 2000 dollar purchase, and despite living in a house that my wife and I keep clean, reasonable bathing, vet visits, vaccinations, a strong healthy diet, and the fulfillment of all of my obligations to the dog as an owner, I can preemptively say that she will state that somehow I am responsible for the medical issues he developed at less than 1 yr. old.  These include chronic ear infections, extremely dry flaky skin resulting in his constant self injury which manifested into bleeding sores covering a large portion of his body including his face, a tumor that developed on his ear requiring surgical removal of a portion of the affected ear, and an overall unhealthy and unsanitary appearance and demeanor.  She will also say that the two different vet clinics that were unable to cure him while gladly taking thousands of my dollars were substandard.  She will say that her home remedies which include rubbing olive oil on the skin and feeding him exotic and impossible to find foods and failure on my part to do these things were the problem, and that I am guilty of not providing him the proper emotional extra sensory climate.  She will say whatever necessary to demonize me in regards to the dog to re-direct from the initial claims or pretenses of a guarantee made which was never truly intended to be redeemed or compensated for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Susan-Shipp-J-bar-S-Dobermans/Warrensburg-Missouri-64093/Susan-Shipp-J-bar-S-Dobermans-jbarsdobiescom-After-a-clever-bait-and-switch-tactic-durin-1005688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Susan Shipp J bar S Doberman's

Crazy Woman!

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

Ive been a dog owner for the better part of my life and have been an internet lurker of Doberman internet information for the most part breed. I enjoy the breed and am experienced in the ownership of two Dobermans that have both been victim to serious and un-coincidental health issues including one resulting in death. I attribute these crimes against nature, the animals and companions involved, and the emotional and financial hardships endured by individuals to certain so called reputable breeders. Now I cant speak for the practices of all, however I know of at least one breeder which is somehow (whether by a stroke of luck, manipulation of other customers, and/or strong possibility of less informed and resourced owners) actually considered reputable. After using internet sources to research the ailments that my own Dobermans have been afflicted with, I can honestly say that I am blown away with the health problems that currently plague the Doberman breed. You can research this yourself. The internet that we use to share information regarding our pets (whether for better or for worse) is the same medium that breeders use to connect/network with potential customers and other breeders in order to engage in their practices of playing mother nature while offering false guarantees and bold claims. I was personally affected and saddened with an animal that either cannot survive, is ruined with congenital defects, and unable to integrate into the mold of what most reasonable individuals would believe and expect to be an ideal pet. The intent of this message is to inform future owners that some breeders labeled reputable arent exactly, and operating under a guise to convince you that they are, while committing fraud for sale and victimizing you in the process. There are also actions that you can take against these predatory individuals afterwards, and things you should investigate before initiating in such a large commitment and purchase.

With the abundance of sick dogs from so called reputable breeders, Susan Shipp of J Bar S Dobermans cannot, and is not the only one guilty of these practices. Ill leave the others to you to find on your own.

I can say this because their propaganda is usually the same. They claim they love the breed, mention extensive medical testing and genetic research that they paid for, and little to any return for their transactions. They criticize the many other avenues families can acquire a pet by calling them puppy mills in order to fear monger and direct other individuals to purchase from them with fake guarantees, professed knowledge without real education, and a cognitive influence.

After a clever bait and switch tactic during this 2000 dollar companion pup purchase, despite living in a house that my wife and I keep clean, reasonable bathing, vet visits, vaccinations, a strong healthy diet, and the fulfillment of all of my obligations to the dog as an owner, I can preemptively say that she will state that somehow I am responsible for the medical issues he developed at less than 1 yr. old. These include chronic ear infections, extremely dry flaky skin resulting in his constant self injury which manifested into bleeding sores covering a large portion of his body including his face, a tumor that developed on his ear requiring surgical removal of a portion of the affected ear, and just an overall unhealthy and unsanitary appearance. She will also say that the numerous parasite treatments from two veterinarians that were unable to cure him while gladly taking thousands of my dollars were substandard. She will say that her home remedies including strange treatments as rubbing olive oil on the skin and feeding him exotic, rich in iodine impossible to find foods, and failure on my part to do these things were the problem. Many of which I did. And finally she will go completely over the top by saying I am guilty of not providing him the proper emotional extra sensory climate. She will say whatever is necessary to demonize me in regards to the dog to re-direct from the initial pretense of a guarantee made which was never truly intended to be redeemed or compensated for. She told me she would do this. And likewise Im sure if the dog were to have performed exceptional in some sort of competition, certification, working, or elite dog contest she would have been there ready to swoop in and absorb any and all credit ultimately intended for me and the dog.

A general acceptance of the disorders is not the answer. Everyone has a tipping point; the proverbial line in the sand regarding everything including whether a pet can or cannot continue to be accepted or supported. A level of selfishness must be overcome to do what is in the best interests of the animal and family. And its completely normal to contact the breeder once this breaking point has been reached, because as far as you know a guarantee was supposed to exist. The fraud is finally consummated once you realize it really didnt. Upon informing her that I was going to find another family for the dog I was threatened with fines and penalties. I was told that I had to return the pet using my own time and resources or else I was told that I wouldnt receive any reimbursement if I returned him and wasnt informed what her intentions were with the dog if I did. Some sort of co-ownership was implied and I wasnt offered a replacement puppy either. I was then labeled as abusive, angry, and unfit for certain responsibilities by Susan as she then proceeded to attempt to attack me professionally with a crude form of libel. Attacking our men and women in uniform seems to be the trendy thing to do, she will arbitrarily do this with her immediate response.

Obviously my family and I are upset over this incident as we have every right to be. And I feel that I have a personal and civic duty to expose this/these particular person(s), their practices, and alert others to the possibility of their victimization and the need to conduct more research. Im not exaggerating, this really happened. You can say that Im just unlucky. I could say that maybe your luck just hasnt run out yet. My dog is not the only one with issues from his litter I know for a fact. These events have conditioned me and my family to not look forward to future dog ownership. She must be exposed for the safety of other people, families, and other animals. These people will continue to flourish if honest people sit idly by and do nothing.

Although we may not get total justice, heres what we can do before (or after) we become a victim. The long lasting effects of the following will guarantee you some peace and emotional restitution.

-Do as Im doing now by alerting the community about your experiences. Be aggressive with the normal action of disseminating the truth! Put them out of their shameful business and practices! Expose them by name with their actions so loudly that nobody would ever conceive of giving these people a cent of their hard earned money. Prevent their continuance of experimentation at the expense of you and the animals. Make facebook, twitter, myspace, craigslist, youtube, yahoo, and other social media accounts to expose them. You can easily reach millions with little to no cost. Bear in mind that animal advocate group organizations also have questionable integrity.

-Dont fall into their guilt manipulation tactics with passive thumb sucking. They will make claims that youre attacking their livelihood and so called industry. They will profess righteousness by claiming to propagate the breed and encourage you to enjoy their sick animals and ludicrous vet bills, because if it werent for them the breed would no longer exist. These responses should not intimidate anyone for exercising their 1st amendment rights and liberties as they are simply incompatible with their initially perpetrated propaganda.

-Simply settle with the loss of owning the breed temporarily or forever. I initially found a breeder I felt to be truly worthy of my business, but it just didnt work out. I agreed to work with Susan against my initial instincts and better judgment. Find an alternative. Adopt from a shelter, or buy from a pet store with an honest guarantee/warranty.

-Contact websites, local and national agencies and/or departments that have been created to prevent this behavior. Heres just a few and there are many more.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Local Humane Society. Verify their registration BEFORE you buy! Report afterwards! American Kennel Club (AKC), report them! Milldogrescue.org The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Animal-rights at consumerfreedom.com Better Business Bureau (BBB) Local newspaper and media In Defense of Animals (IDA) Department of Agriculture Public Health Department Ripoffreport.com Badbreeders.net Internal Revenue Service (IRS) I doubt they pay their taxes on these massive earnings. Local law enforcement, Sheriff, and their animal care and control office

-Get these people calling them, knocking on their door, investigating, asking questions, verifying their qualifications, observing their conditions, investigating their income and revenue, pursue civilly if you can, get them to show proof of proper care, get them acting as advocates for the abused bitches and start seizing their studs.

Whatever it takes, dont let these lying incompetent crooks fool you like they did us, or anyone else for that matter.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Please request copies of the e mails between John **** and myself

AUTHOR: Suzan Shipp - (United States of America)

For those who know me I will not need to respond to this for those that don't know me I am going to give info on how to contact me for copies of  the correspondence between John **** of the US Army MP stationed at Fort Carson, then you can decide for yourself how badly he has been ripped off.

I have contacted the Commander of John division's and reported the anger issues I feel could be a danger to society.    I would hate to  pick up the papers and read where he has shot up half of Colorado Springs over his anger.  I do not want to be responsible for this and have notified both the army and the Colorado Springs police department.  Unfortunately until he does something there is nothing they are willing to do.  I pray for all our safety.

Sample of e mail sent by John claiming I did not give support then claiming my support was worthless and does show I offered more than once to take the dog back and take him to my vet so: Which is it John???  Fact is the dog was a year old before he developed his allergies -

(quote)I guess despite your "contract" I'm barking up the wrong tree for your support, you don't care as much as you boast. He's not going back to you because you are crazy, your support was worthless  (quote)

To review the e mails between John and myself trying to resolve this issue please send me an e mail through my web site which John has listed in the report.  The link is on the up coming litter page.

Thank you for your interest in justice.

There must be a mistake.

AUTHOR: lovendrake - (United States of America)

While I cannot explain this experience, I can say there must be a misunderstanding of some sort. I also purchased a puppy from Suzan Shipp and only have praise for the transaction as well as the dog.

The puppy that I purchased is now an International Champion as well as on his way to IPO titles. All because his breeder, Suzan, was more than wiling to help me and with her unsurpassed knowledge of the breed. She is willing to go above the call of duty to help anyone that is interested in learning more about the breed. Even someone that did not purchase from her.

As I said I cannot explain what happened in the above complaint, I will say I can mention at least 10 families that are completely satisfied with their purchase from J Bar S Dobermans. When you purchase a puppy, you become part of her family and she is willing to answer questions anytime day or night.