Complaint Review: Suzuki Marine

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Ken — Cape Coral Florida United States of America
Suzuki Marine
P.O. BOX 1100 Brea, California United States of America

Suzuki Marine inability to fix warrantied twin 300 Suzuki motors Brea, California

In refernece to the twin 300 suzuki 4 strokes on my 33te worldcat

In November I purchased a 2007 worldcat with new twin 300 suzuki's with 20 hrs on the engines.

At the time of the sea trial the NEMA gauges did not illuminate.  The broker said that it was most likely a fuse and that they would be working upon delivery.  They fixed the gauges and the boat was transported to Cape Coral from Jupiter fl.  I used the boat 3 times and noticed that the boat was not starting correctly...  It turned out that the electronic push ignition pad was bad and the dealer installed a new one.

Fixed, so I thought..  2 more times out the gauges went dark...  The boat continued to start so I thought it was another fuse issu.  In April of 2012 I went to start the boat, and the port engine wouldn't recognize I was pressing the start button....  So I did what I was told and brought it in to a "certified Suzuki dealer" again.

I informed the dealer I had a trip planned in 6 weeks and needed this resolved once and for all.  the stated it was nt a problem.... As time came closer I was speakig with the repair shop (name I will keep as I undergoe this process) and they informed me that they have went through reloading the computers, and still have not determined the cause othe problems but I could take the boat and bring it back...

Remind you only 90 hours on the engines at this time.  Went to the keys with only the starboard gauges working and brought it back.... Two weeks later I was called and was told the boat is ready to be picked up.  I went and found that the boat had been sitting in the canal and that aprox 40 gallons on the starboard engine had been stolen...  What am I to do..

No complaints, just happy they got it fixed.....  They had told me the burned 4 sets of gauges (8 total with the driveable tower gauges) to fix the problem...  What ever, it's fixed......  So I take it out an less than 1 hr from repair facility the gauges go again!  Now I'm not happy...  I bring it back...  they get suzuki involved and thus fix it...... So I thought..  I come to pick it up and the upwards tilit doesn't work...

They say no problem we can come by on land and fix it......  So I thought.....  The gauges have not blown out but do nothing either except keep engine hours and tach speed..... I contact Suzuki, and they tell me I need to bring it back in to the dealer.  Suzuki has had two reps work on the boat with the repair shop for two straight days, and I still do not have motors that will operate properly.....

I had Suzuki bikes and motors the past 5 years and have had little to no problems with them until this... The bottom line is that something is going on here and no one wants to give me a straight answer....  The warranty is suppose to be until 2017!!  I have zero faith that means anything.... The need to get to the bottom of this or I will be forced o incurr expenses that I will have to legally go after.....

Unhappy suzuki marine owner

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suzuki-Marine/Brea-California-92822/Suzuki-Marine-inability-to-fix-warrantied-twin-300-Suzuki-motors-Brea-California-936627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suzuki Marine