Susan

• Updated: Wed, January 11, 2012

• Reported By: Poor & Dissatisfied — Washington DC United States of America
Swapalease
Cincinnati Ohio Internet United States of America

Swapalease Andrew Hall, Paul Mulholland, Vernon Madden DON'T USE SWAPALEASE.COM!! Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please note the following in response to the clients rebuttal 12/21/11 titled, CAVEAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE:

*Author of original report: CAVEAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE

*UPDATE Employee: Swapalease.com Response

I signed up for Swapalease's $50 membership plan online and was then contacted by Vernon Madden who informed me that I should switch to a SPECIAL DEAL that normally cost $300 plan but because I had problems uploading pics etc I would be charged $250 and my vehicle would be listed in more searches and give buyers more options to find my vehicle.

I allowed him to talk me into this plan because he advised me that given my vehicle I would surely find a buyer within 30-45 days. He advised me that he had worked in the business for the last 5 years and similar vehicles (same model, miles, monthly lease price etc) were in high demand.  Don't fall for his suave salesmanship. I signed the contract and was charged. SWAPALEASE is not a big company, its literally a handful of guys (Andrew, Keith Cain, Paul Mulholland, Vernon Madden) who all answer the phones -even Andrew, the Senior Manager.

Its been three months later and I have very few inquiries, questions from potential buyers and NOTHING MORE. I inquired about this and I was told sometimes it takes longer than others (which I understand to a point but not when I was told that a buyer would be interested in my vehicle within 30-45 days). As time marched on, it turned into MONTHS that the Ad was running and still NOTHING. The Swapalease agents stopped being responsive to my phone calls and e-mails. The final straw was when Paul rudely told me that he "did not care about my issue" and HUNG UP.  I complained to Andrew Hall and he informed me that the company's policy is not to refund.  They are so polite and responsive when its time to swipe your credit card.

Don't SIGN UP FOR SWAPALEASE. They are unprofessional and deceitful.

Poorer and Disatisfied,
Washington DC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swapalease/internet/Swapalease-Andrew-Hall-Paul-Mulholland-Vernon-Madden-DONT-USE-SWAPALEASECOM-Internet-805348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swapalease

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

A.      Swapalease.com has three types of buyers.  First, we have individuals who are simply visiting our web site in an effort to see what we have to offer.  Second, we have users who register with us and have the ability to ask lease sellers questions on an anonymous basis.  Third, we have people who have paid a buyer membership fee to obtain the seller contact information on our available leases.  Obviously, those who have setup an account are more engaged and/or serious about taking over a lease.

B.      It was not the intention of Swapalease.com to imply that the seller was unwilling to negotiate with potential lease buyers.  In fact, we are uncertain how this conclusion was drawn from our previous response or for that matter our overall history with this individual.

C.      A great deal of correspondence happened with this client through both email and over the telephone which indicates that our customer service claims are far more than mere rhetoric.  Regardless, the Swapalease.com team would again like to apologize for this situation.

Lastly, we are always happy to hear of successful lease transfers that are completed through the correct leasing company channels. Interestingly this client has opted to leave their listing active and on the Swapalease.com site. Since the original report has been posted half a dozen additional paid buyers have requested this sellers contact information.

Swapalease.com Management

CAVEAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE

AUTHOR: Poorer & Dissatisfied - (USA)

As an initial demonstration of how Swapalease's misrepresents information, the interested "buyers" that it refers to are individuals who are BROWSING its website, not neccesarily individuals who are "buying" or making offers to "buy" vehicles- talk about misleading terminology. I doubt consumers consider individuals who merely e-mail to ask questions (about previously posted information) as "buyers". PLUS, of the 20 "buyers" who I contacted by telephone promptly and through e-mail on SEVERAL occasions, only about 8 responded. What a joke!

As a second example of how disingenuous they are (and how lousy their excuses are since quite frankly the reasoning doesn't make sense to any logical consumer), If I had "numerous buyers" why would my vehicle still be listed after 4 months, an incentive of $610 and my offer to pay the transfer fee. Try again Swapalease- your implicit argument that I am unwilling to negotiate  is ABSOLUTELY FALSE! Consumers- save yourself the headache and list your car on CRAIGSLIST! I recently completed the transfer offer that way- and listed my car for FREE. And regarding their statement that they intend to keep helping me- ALL RHETORIC. NOT ONCE did the General Manager ANDREW apoloigse for Paul Mulholland's RUDE behavior. They only reached out to respond to this message but NEVER to discuss/brainstorm ways to better advertise my vehicle.

Swapalease.com Response

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

The initial facts are essentially correct; this client signed up online and then was contacted by a sales associate to upgrade for additional exposure.  The 30 to 45 day time frame that was quoted is correct. This is the average time frame that it takes for a seller to find a buyer to take over their lease, but there are no guarantees that a buyer would be found. We make this very clear to all customers that sign up both online and over the phone. We even have a signed receipt from this client agreeing to out terms and condition that restate this as well.

It is interesting to be receiving a complaint from this Swapalease client as our service brought them numerous interested buyers over the duration that their vehicle has been listed on the website.   In fact the number of buyers that have paid to receive the contact information for this seller makes it very surprising that a transfer did not ultimately take place. Additionally the lease is held through a company that makes completing a transfer very easy.

Lastly we feel it is necessary to address the customer service issue.   Yes, Swapalease.com is a small business, however it is larger than the client believes. We do pride ourselves on customer service and client satisfaction. We believe that this is best evidenced by us being in business over ten years and we are not only the pioneer but the leader in our field.

We would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication between this client and our representative regarding this matter. It is our intention to continue helping this client exit their lease if that is the direction they wish to take.

Swapalease.com Management