Complaint Review: Sweapsteakes@yahoo.com

• Updated: Fri, August 24, 2001

• Reported By:Virginia Beach VA
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sweapsteaks@yahoo.com ripoff scam

I would just like to warn everybody about this email. To me it's very distrubing. I was checking my email with my 10 year old son, and he notice one email, the subject line was "You have just won a Playstation2". He encouraged me to open it and when I did, it took me to a Yahoo page and said that I would be redirected in 10 seconds, I waited and was redirected. And then told me that I was to download this page to fill out, I did that and when I did, a sex 900 number was installed into my computer!! It was on my start menu, my desktop, my short cuts, I mean there was a pic of this crap everywhere. Of course I didn't connect. I had figured out what it was, but it was hard for me to tell my son that it was a crock. I just wanted to warn people with children. I have 6 screen names on AOL and this email has come to 4 of them so far.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweapsteakesyahoocom/nationwide/Sweapsteaksyahoocom-ripoff-scam-6343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweapsteakes@yahoo.com