Complaint Review: Sweeney Construction

• Submitted: Mon, June 05, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, June 05, 2000

• Reported By:Levittown PA
Sweeney Construction
8 Appletree Drive Levittown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Swindling Sweeney Construction of PA

I hired Bill Sweeney in March 2000 to remodel my kitchen. When we first meet I told him that I needed the work completed by the end of May 2000 and he told me that the job would only be one week to one and half weeks.

At the end of March 2000, he took me to a cabinet place to pick out cabinets. I gave him $4500.00 to place the cabinet order the first week in April to ensure that the cabinets would be in by the second week in April. My husband and I removed all the old cabinets in the first week of May 2000 for the construction. We were having plumbing work done by a friend and Bill Sweeney said he could not start until after the plumbing was done because he was not coming in unless he had a full days work although he was also doing painting, replacing a window and drywall that did not need to be postponed because of plumbing.

Bill Sweeney finally started to work the second week in May 2000. The only work he did that week was replace drywall and take out my old window and board up the hole.

Today is June 5th and I still have a board where my window should be. He has been at my house a total of maybe one week in the past month and that is being generous. For the past two weeks, he has repeatedly told me that he will be done next week.

I have paid him another $2000.00 for the tile floor that was just installed this past weekend and not by Bill Sweeney. He contracted someone else to do the floor and they told me that they were just brought in on the job at the last minute and I should not hold a grudge against them.

After repeated calls this past weekend, today I come home to a message from him stating that my window and cabinets are still not in. I called the cabinet shop to discover that the order was not made because Bill Sweeney never made a deposit on the cabinets. The shop told me that the deposit should have been $1393.80 and that Bill Sweeney had called multiple times stating that he was coming over with the money.

When Bill Sweeney was confronted with this information, he said that he had ordered that cabinets somewhere else but he could not furnish the invoice. My total remodling job was to cost $9500.00 and I have already paid $6500.00 of that but have only received 1/4 of the work. We approached Bill Sweeney to get our $4500.00 for the cabinets back and he would not write us a check.

PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF AND DO NOT USE THE MAN FOR ANY WORK. HE LIES, DOES NOT SHOW UP, AND RUNS OFF WITH YOUR MONEY. TAKE A LESSON FROM MY HEARTACHE PLEASE. I HAVE NOW BEEN WITHOUT A KITCHEN FOR ONE MONTH AND IT WILL BE TWO BECAUSE THE CABINETS TAKE 4 WEEKS TO MAKE AND SINCE THEY WERE NEVER ODERED!

Sincerely,
Megan B. Kelley

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweeney-Construction/Levittown-Pennsylvania-19055/Swindling-Sweeney-Construction-of-PA-2389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweeney Construction