Complaint Review: Sweep Stakes Center A.K.A. Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, March 23, 2003

• Reported By:Hastings Minnesota
Sweep Stakes Center A.K.A. Consolidated Media Services
Heritage Building,2550 Heritage Court, Suite 106 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Sweep Stakes Center A.K.A. Consolidated Media Services deceptive company, mislead to believe I was getting a great deal Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Consolidated media services Corrects my problem

I was mislead to believe I was getting a great deal. They made it perfectly unclear how often how often I was to recieve magazines and whether or not I could infact unsubscribe. it is unfortunate because if I have to wait the one year period it is over $176+ dollars I did not need to spend on about $60 of magazine subscriptions. On top of that they said I would be recieving 3 magazines free and only paying for 2 at %40 newstand price.

Newstand price for the 2 magazines is only $3.99 or $4.99 each per week. At $4.99 a yearly subscription for 2 magazines is $119.76 at newstand, 40% of that is $47.90 so I should only have had to pay for the 40% of the 2 magazines at least thats what they said which would have been $47.90. Instead I might be stuck paying over $176+ dollars. Do you smell a rip off.

Another thing they do is confuse how often the magazine will be coming, they tell this weekly price for a monthly magazine making it seem like the it's so much cheaper and will be coming every week. Now their rip off is complete. I hope there is some way out of this.

W. K.
Hastings, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2003 02:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweep-Stakes-Center-AKA-Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Sweep-Stakes-Center-AKA-Consolidated-Media-Services-deceptive-company-mislead-to-belie-48011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweep Stakes Center A.K.A. Consolidated Media Services

Consolidated media services Corrects my problem

AUTHOR: Bj - (U.S.A.)

After a few days of trying to get a hold of someone in the company I was finaly contacted by a customer service person. Fortunatly my order had not been processed yet and could still be cancelled. They did cancel the order after offering to drop the price to an actual good deal. I would say if your ever going to deal with this company make sure your getting the best deal you can and if you want to cancel don't give in to the pressures of their cheaper offers because they will cancel you eventualy.

Satisfied,