Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Advisor/Emerson Publishing

• Submitted: Sat, October 09, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 27, 2010

• Reported By:Powder Springs Georgia
Sweepstakes Advisor/Emerson Publishing
PO Box 549012, Dallas TX Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Advisor/Emerson Publishing trying to ripoff $5.00 Dallas Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: sweepstake brural fraud

*Consumer Comment: september 25, 2006 received letter

*Consumer Comment: Tirp of of the elderly. My parents are in there 80's and this is not the first time they have been targeted.

I would just like to know if these people are being prosecuted or allowed to continue this hoax?

Rita
Powder Springs, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2004 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-AdvisorEmerson-Publishing/Dallas-Texas-75354-9012/Sweepstakes-AdvisorEmerson-Publishing-trying-to-ripoff-500-Dallas-Texas-112177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Advisor/Emerson Publishing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

sweepstake brural fraud

AUTHOR: anne - (United States of America)

they r not getting prosecuted they r still sending out letters and all.. my hsband recived that letter but me i dont beleive evrything that i get in the mail so i research things b4 i give out any money!! i wish they would stop sending these to ppl cuz all it is doing is having ppls hopes high and nothing happens..

september 25, 2006 received letter

AUTHOR: Sue - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted it made aware that this company and the po box are still open!!!! I just received this $5 for sweepstakes information. From The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau Prize Eligibility Processing PO Box 549012 Dallas TX 75354-9012. I thought it was kind of strange so started surfing to see if it was a scam or not. My question is what can be done??? I do work for the post office and wondered if I should show it to the postmaster and see what he says.

AUTHOR: Catherine - (U.S.A.)

I am writing because my parents recieved one of these official looking documents requesting $5.00 to research the list to see if they won $500,000. I am hoping that there is some way that these scams can be stopped. My parents are in there 80's and this is not the first time they have been targeted for this type of fraud. What can we do to shut this so called business down. no return address beyond a po box and the lack of a phone number in there corresponance Tipped me right off. We must push for lasws to shut this company down.

Sincerely