Complaint Review: Sweepstakes ClearingHouse

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Manny — North Hills California United States of America
Sweepstakes ClearingHouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas United States of America

Sweepstakes ClearingHouse A division of Allied Marketing Group My check had cleared, emailed them BofA's posting details, but still required me to mail them my bank statement that I considered private information Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: FYI

I received credit voucher offer towards purchase of a laptop computer, and I mailed check# 6666 for the balance of $239.95. On Sep 23, 2011, I received a letter from the Sweepstakes Clearing House that my check was returned. When I went online to check my Bank of America account, I found out that the said check was in fact paid/posted on Sep 22, 2011.

On Oct 3, 2011, I got impatient waiting for the laptop, so I called customer service at (214) 915-7100, talked to a "Wally", and he requested me to send him a printed copy of Bank of America's posting information and actual picture of the check. On the same day, Oct 3rd, I emailed him the information.

Today, Oct 17, 2011, I called again customer service and was able to talk to a "Terrence". I referenced to him the Oct 3rd email where I enclosed a printed copy of Bank of America's posting details and picture of the check# 6666. [continued below]....
..... Terrence told me that he cannot honor it, instead, he wants me to send copy of my bank statement.

I consider it ridiculous for 2 reasons: 1st, I don't want to send him my bank statement, as I consider it private information; and 2nd, they have accounting/office staff who can immediately reconcile and check on their company's bank account to confirm that in fact my check has cleared and posted in its account on Sep 22, 2011.

Is this just a "delaying tactic" on their part? I responded to their offer on Sep 4, 2011, and it has been over a month now, and I have not yet received my laptop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-ClearingHouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-ClearingHouse-A-division-of-Allied-Marketing-Group-My-check-had-cleared-email-789726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes ClearingHouse

FYI

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

It would be a very good idea to call your bank ASAP and get a new account number.

You uploaded a photo of a check that shows all rip off idiots need