Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Giveaway

• Reported By:DeWitt Michigan
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Giveaway
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Giveaway ripoff not responding to payment Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: You have to be very careful what you order.

*Consumer Suggestion: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Give-away Rip-off! I found their contact information! Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: ATT. Adam DeWitt of Michigan and others of the SWEEPSTAKES SCAM

I am currently waiting to be sent a laptop computer and digital video camara by this company. I also received the $400 "check" and was told I just had to pay the remainder to receive these items. It has been about 3 weeks and I have no phone number to reach them with. I am starting to worry. If anyone could post their number for me it would be much appreciated

Adam
DeWitt, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2004 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Giveaway/nationwide/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Giveaway-ripoff-not-responding-to-payment-Nationwide-86489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Giveaway

You have to be very careful what you order.

AUTHOR: Sheryll - (U.S.A.)

I have ordered several things from this SC in the past. You have to be very careful what you order. Some things have been great and others crap. I ordered a comforter set, it was great. A computer however was refurbished. Small print you know. I called them and they took it back and gave me my money back, minus the S-H, they neglected to tell me that I don't have to pay that if I want to pick it up. I now know where the company is and know all I have to pay for is the item, and pick it up myself. So if you really check out the item and live near Dallas your probably ok.Just thoroughly check out the item. The computer sucked but my mom got a great stereo. For those of us who have crap credit, this can really come in handy. Just be careful.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I had ordered something from them and when I received it the delivery service said I owed $133.00 and could not tell me what it was for. So I went to the Better Business Bureau website and got the contact info. I called the company and they told me the $133.00 was for s&h. I told them they should have sent out a statement on how much the s&h was going to be before they sent out the merchandise.

When you call, it is an automated system at first. If using a touch tone phone press 1 and then 4 and then * and then you will get a customer service person. If you don't have an account number they will ask for you name and address. I hope this info helps and good luck. The number again is 1*800*762*3302

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

ATT. Adam DeWitt of Michigan and others of the SWEEPSTAKES SCAM

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to all of you who have put their imput on this scam. I went online because I was considering this $400.00 voucher to purchase the stereo system. How ever I did see in small print on the voucher the words "Merchandise will be shipped promptly, plus shipping and handling." That can go either way I pay S/H or it is included, but there is no S/H fees listed.

Me being skeptical went on-line and typed in "sweepstakes clearinghouse" this website is the first think that came up, telling me indeed this was a rip off. I thank all of you, and I have shredded my check with the balance due made out to this scam.