Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Sat, June 23, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 23, 2007

• Reported By:Mason Ohio
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
9203 Chancellor Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Digatal Camera comes with warranty from a company that doesn't even make it. Get this I had to pay 77.10 s@h I did not even know I was being Charged Ripoff Dallas Texas

I ordered 2 items from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse. One was a Digital Camera(Omni2) of which I am still trying to find out who makes this model. The second was a 5 speaker surround system. No mention whatsoever in any piece of paper I received did it say anything about s@h charges.

When my surround sound system came it cost me 53.20 s@h. My digital came later as I had to call them of which became an adventure in itself just finding their number and getting them to answer. I was told the camera was on back order and I would have it in around 2 to 3 weeks. I was also told that it would cost 20.70 s@h when it arrived. When the camera finally came it it cost 23.90 s@h( guess they had to use a bigger box).

As far as the surround sound system it came without any warning that I would need to purchase a couple of additional attachments to get it to work properly and My digital camera is taking pics that make me look like I am in a tunnel.

I called Sweepstakes Clearinghouse to inquire as to why my camera came without any warranty. She told me that she would send it to me. I received a warranty ran off of the internet taken from canon website. I contacted tech support thru an 800 number found in the warranty. I was told that Canon does not even make the model Camera that they sent me the Warranty for.

I hope that this helps to let others not make the same mistake I made. Even the software the camera came with is outdated as I found out after contacting Adobe.

Mason, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2007 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-45040/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Digatal-Camera-comes-with-warranty-from-a-company-that-doesnt-e-256397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse