Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Fri, January 26, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, November 23, 2004

• Reported By:Thomasville NC
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse COD ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Possible chance of money back

*Consumer Comment: The COD Confusion

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

I bought a set of watches from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, and paid in full for them. A couple of weeks later I got a cod from Allied Marketing for 15.00. I refused to pay this because I didn't order anything cod. The name on the award letter is J. Johnston. Is there anything I can do. I don't want to pay anymore money to them. Thanks for your help in advance.
Sincerly,

Kimberly
Thomasville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-COD-ripoff-4297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

Possible chance of money back

AUTHOR: Adrian - (U.S.A.)

I was going to purchase the IBM laptop computer from the Clearing House but then decided to wait, but ended up putting $125.00 on it and was wondering if I could possibly get it back.

The COD Confusion

AUTHOR: Delone - (U.S.A.)

My Mother ordered a set of Steel Craft Tools 4-1
from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and refused delivery because she could not figure out what would have been ordered at that time for COD.
After she called me Carrie Barber to find out what it was I reminded her of the Tools. We attempted to contact Sweepstakes Clearinghouse to find out where the tools went. She did not get any info from the UPS driver so they were gone.

Since then we have moved and out information has changed. I would still like the tools but I believe their order form should be in bold letters to add the shipping and handling on to your order. This would save alot of grief.
Most people understand that and are prepaired to pay the shipping costs. However, their order form has this spelled out in small print. I believe it would be right for them to pay the delivery until they change their order forms so everyone is aware of the extra charge.

Response from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

AUTHOR: John - ()

We just received the message posted on January 26, 2001 and would like to provide the following information.

According to Kimberlys e-mail she wasnt aware her watches were arriving COD. However, our order form states the purchaser is responsible for shipping and handling charges associated with each delivery of merchandise.

Given the date of the e-mail, we are not sure whether this issue has been resolved. We take our commitment to Customer Service very seriously and would like to assist Kimberly. However, in order to locate an account, we will need a full name and address, including zip code so we can research our records. Once we locate an account, we will be happy to address any and all concerns.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to respond to this matter.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse